Sammills111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
gcse - mostly 6's
a level predictions - aab (biology chemistry physics)
ukat score 2300
deos anyone know if id get into any dentistry school and if so which ?
Mapleservers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean... you got better grades than me lol

Where would you like to study it ?
You should apply for where you want to! The worst they can say is no, which doesn’t mean anything just apply somewhere else you want to - it’s not the end of the world and who knows the place you have in mind might even say yes

Good luck dude just follow your dreams!
Sammills111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mapleservers)
I mean... you got better grades than me lol

Where would you like to study it ?
You should apply for where you want to! The worst they can say is no, which doesn’t mean anything just apply somewhere else you want to - it’s not the end of the world and who knows the place you have in mind might even say yes

Good luck dude just follow your dreams!
thank you , appreciate it
do you study dentistry?
thinking of applying to sheffield manchester leeds plymouth
AnnaB28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most dental schools tend to look for AAA at alevel. and many will totally bypass your application if these grades are not predicted. though you could ask to have the predicted grades altered by your college if you do think you are able to achieve the 3 As in the final exams or you could consider having a gap year to wait for the final exam results and go from there. alternatively if you are eligible for widening participation you could get a lower offer of AAB from many universities as well as special consideration in otger aspects of the application.

Id also recommend taking the BMAT extra to the UCAT as that will open up other universities to you. but also look more towards schools that dont weight so heavily on the ucat on their decision and have a really strong personal statement.

but who knows what to expect from universities this year. things may be very different from last year so just apply to where you know you will be happy for 5 years of studying.

Good luck with your applications either way <3
Amirah901
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got a a ucat score of 1970 and my sciences gcses are good but my maths was C, I am re sitting this. Is there any point applying for dentistry??
RedHelenB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammills111)
gcse - mostly 6's
a level predictions - aab (biology chemistry physics)
ukat score 2300
deos anyone know if id get into any dentistry school and if so which ?
Very unlikely to get offers as everything is very low. Unless you qualify for access programmes. I would concentrate on your A levels and make sure you get 3 As minimum and look to improve your ucat score next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads