Mazrik221
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I will be studying at Hertfordshire uni whilst staying at home in London. I'm confused with how to travel there as the station at Hertford is not in the TfL zone. I've done some research and figured that I can jump on train from Finsbury Park (which is only a few min away from me) direct to uni. Is there also some way to reduce the daily fare price?? Do I need to get a ticket each time I travel to uni? Really baft.
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m not sure about locations but I’m sure you can buy a season pass which lets you go on any train/times. Or buy a railcard. I commute too but because it’s only 2/3 days a week I thought a railcard would be fine. If you go a lot then defo get the season pass
Last edited by OR321; 3 weeks ago
Mazrik221
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
I’m not sure about locations but I’m sure you can buy a season pass which lets you go on any train/times. Or buy a railcard. I commute too but because it’s only 2/3 days a week I thought a railcard would be fine. If you go a lot then defo get the season pass
Don't think I'll be going a lot haven't gotten my time table yet but most likely 2-3 days a weeks no more. Which means I don't really need a season ticket but if it is the cheaper option I'll need to.
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mazrik221)
Don't think I'll be going a lot haven't gotten my time table yet but most likely 2-3 days a weeks no more. Which means I don't really need a season ticket but if it is the cheaper option I'll need to.
Yeah I get that. I got the 16-25 railcard and I usually get tickets for half price and it’s only £30 a year for the card. (This is between Bolton and Manchester)
Mazrik221
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Yeah I get that. I got the 16-25 railcard and I usually get tickets for half price and it’s only £30 a year for the card. (This is between Bolton and Manchester)
Yeah probably will get a rail card then seems the best option I have.
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So I will be studying at Hertfordshire uni whilst staying at home in London. I'm confused with how to travel there as the station at Hertford is not in the TfL zone. I've done some research and figured that I can jump on train from Finsbury Park (which is only a few min away from me) direct to uni. Is there also some way to reduce the daily fare price?? Do I need to get a ticket each time I travel to uni? Really baft.
Hi Mazrik221

Firstly, please note that the University of Hertfordshire is based in Hatfield - there are no campuses in Hertford. Whilst not on the same line as Hertford, there are still direct trains between Hatfield and Finsbury Park. Hatfield is not in the TfL Zone, but Potters Bar is so you could get off there and take a bus to Hatfield (Uno Bus 610/611).

For direct trains from Finsbury Park to Hatfield you have two options - the fast train which stops only at Potters Bar and Hatfield, or the slow train which comes up from Moorgate to Finsbury Park and then stops at every station (including Hatfield) until Welwyn Garden City.

What course/school are you? You may be able to view your timetable by now which will help when it comes to planning which days you shall be travelling and what tickets to buy
Mazrik221
Rep:
?
(Original post by Herts UG Student Rep)
Hi Mazrik221

Firstly, please note that the University of Hertfordshire is based in Hatfield - there are no campuses in Hertford. Whilst not on the same line as Hertford, there are still direct trains between Hatfield and Finsbury Park. Hatfield is not in the TfL Zone, but Potters Bar is so you could get off there and take a bus to Hatfield (Uno Bus 610/611).

For direct trains from Finsbury Park to Hatfield you have two options - the fast train which stops only at Potters Bar and Hatfield, or the slow train which comes up from Moorgate to Finsbury Park and then stops at every station (including Hatfield) until Welwyn Garden City.

What course/school are you? You may be able to view your timetable by now which will help when it comes to planning which days you shall be travelling and what tickets to buy
Thank you for the reply was very helpful. Yes my mistake I meant Hatfield - not hertford. I will going to study criminal justice and criminology.
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the reply was very helpful. Yes my mistake I meant Hatfield - not hertford. I will going to study criminal justice and criminology.
Ah okay. Have you been given a StudyNet log on yet? If you head onto StudyNet you will be able to view your timetable. If not, don't worry - you will be shown your timetable tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.78%
It's just nice to be back! (209)
26.93%
Not great so far... (278)
35.82%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.46%

Watched Threads