Parents involved in relationship issues help please Watch

emilyxo277
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically, me and this amazing guy have been dating for a while now, and my parents didn’t know about it, to be honest I was really scared of telling them because he has a criminal record and they found out and now they won’t let me see him, or at least for 6 months until he’s cleared of charges so he stops being watched by police and stuff like that but he’s always going to have his record, my parents done care about me dating him once the 6 months have gone which I’m alright with but at the same time I don’t want to go that long without him because he’s really improved my mental state and I don’t want to risk losing him, I get my parents want what’s best for me but at the same time I just want them to step back and let me make my own mistakes or let me take risks without getting involved as at the end of the day it’s my life not theirs, so I don’t really know what to do except carry on dating him and trying to see him at any chance I can even if that means going out with my friends just to see him so my parents don’t get suspicious, then when the 6 months has passed I can date him with no problems what so ever, I know he’s not going to leave me it’s just figuring out what’s best to do during the 6 months, so any advice would be greatly appreciated x
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emilyxo277)
Basically, me and this amazing guy have been dating for a while now, and my parents didn’t know about it, to be honest I was really scared of telling them because he has a criminal record and they found out and now they won’t let me see him, or at least for 6 months until he’s cleared of charges so he stops being watched by police and stuff like that but he’s always going to have his record, my parents done care about me dating him once the 6 months have gone which I’m alright with but at the same time I don’t want to go that long without him because he’s really improved my mental state and I don’t want to risk losing him, I get my parents want what’s best for me but at the same time I just want them to step back and let me make my own mistakes or let me take risks without getting involved as at the end of the day it’s my life not theirs, so I don’t really know what to do except carry on dating him and trying to see him at any chance I can even if that means going out with my friends just to see him so my parents don’t get suspicious, then when the 6 months has passed I can date him with no problems what so ever, I know he’s not going to leave me it’s just figuring out what’s best to do during the 6 months, so any advice would be greatly appreciated x
How old are you both?
What are the charges against him?
Does he say he is innocent?
Does he have other offences?
You are already going behind their backs?
You have mental health issues?
Will they be pleased when they find out you ignored them and are still seeing him?
emilyxo277
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
How old are you both?
What are the charges against him?
Does he say he is innocent?
Does he have other offences?
You are already going behind their backs?
You have mental health issues?
Will they be pleased when they find out you ignored them and are still seeing him?
I’m 17 and he’s 19,
Drug use
No
No he doesn’t have other offences

I have to lie to see him or else I won’t be able to see him
I used to be really depressed but since I’ve been with him I’ve been happy all the time
They don’t need to know, and they won’t find out
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emilyxo277)
I’m 17 and he’s 19,
Drug use
No
No he doesn’t have other offences

I have to lie to see him or else I won’t be able to see him
I used to be really depressed but since I’ve been with him I’ve been happy all the time
They don’t need to know, and they won’t find out
You are very inexperienced.
Although you are happy now, if it goes wrong, he lies, he cheats, he dumps you, then the downside will be greater.
Once they find out you have lied to them repeatedly they will just ban you.
The other and more serious downside is the experience distracts and destroys your level 3 exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads