04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Induction on thursday :sigh:
:console: Is that normally a bit dull for you?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
:console: Is that normally a bit dull for you?
I think this one will be useful as we got built a new building for the design department (we needed it the old one was really cramped and prone to flooding which is a bit of a disaster when the PCs are in the basement..) so the induction will be showing us around the new building so we know where to go
Its just annoying cos i have a 1-1 psychotherapy appointment and so i will have to rearrange it again

How are you? :hugs:
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
Just noticed this thread. So.... you've essentially made a new Uni Chat thread? The old one had so much history tho. :sad:

rip
04MR17
Rep:
?
I think this one will be useful as we got built a new building for the design department (we needed it the old one was really cramped and prone to flooding which is a bit of a disaster when the PCs are in the basement..) so the induction will be showing us around the new building so we know where to go
Its just annoying cos i have a 1-1 psychotherapy appointment and so i will have to rearrange it again

How are you? :hugs:
New buildings are good. :yep: And knowing where to go is also good. :thumbsup:

I'm okay. Got some not wonderful news today which was that for one module we might not get essay questions until week 6. Which is really disappointing because it's on a topic I've done before, and I wanted to do the essay straight away so that I didn't have to worry about it.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
New buildings are good. :yep: And knowing where to go is also good. :thumbsup:

I'm okay. Got some not wonderful news today which was that for one module we might not get essay questions until week 6. Which is really disappointing because it's on a topic I've done before, and I wanted to do the essay straight away so that I didn't have to worry about it.
:console: have you started back yet? :hugs:

This thread is super chill and wholesome, great job :hugs:
04MR17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snufkin)
Just noticed this thread. So.... you've essentially made a new Uni Chat thread? The old one had so much history tho. :sad:

rip
Yes welcome.

Yeah there was an old thread but after multiple attempts at revival it wasn't really going anywhere. Hence, new year, new thread! :bl: :party: :blow: :banana:
04MR17
Rep:
?
:console: have you started back yet? :hugs:

This thread is super chill and wholesome, great job :hugs:
Moving down on Thursday and Freshers week starts this weekend for Keele.

Thanks. :heart:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moving down on Thursday and Freshers week starts this weekend for Keele.

Thanks. :heart:
Ah :hugs: our freshers was this weekend i think
No problem :heart:
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barror1)
Honestly it just sounds like a UCAS convention then :laugh:
What's a UCAS convention?:confused:
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else feel like they're completely overpacking :lol:
04MR17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
:giggle: What are you overpacking?
Summer clothes can basically be left behind at this point, just aim for now - Christmas on packing. :yep:

What things are you unsure about bringing?
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:giggle: What are you overpacking?
Summer clothes can basically be left behind at this point, just aim for now - Christmas on packing. :yep:

What things are you unsure about bringing?
I pretty much wear the same clothes all the year round (with more or less jumpers) so clothes aren't an issue thankfully!
I think it's more I feel I have a lot of stuff, nothing really that I won't use except the large number of medicines my mum has provided!
Also storage space at uni is gonna be an issue which I guess is making me second guess what I'm bringing (but it's always gonna be an issue when 6 people come each bringing their own stuff to go in a single kitchen)
04MR17
Rep:
?
I pretty much wear the same clothes all the year round (with more or less jumpers) so clothes aren't an issue thankfully!
I think it's more I feel I have a lot of stuff, nothing really that I won't use except the large number of medicines my mum has provided!
Also storage space at uni is gonna be an issue which I guess is making me second guess what I'm bringing (but it's always gonna be an issue when 6 people come each bringing their own stuff to go in a single kitchen)
What are the biggest kitchen things you're bringing?:holmes:
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are the biggest kitchen things you're bringing?:holmes:
Probably the frying pan...or chopping board if we're judging by surface area :giggle:
Dunya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right now it's mostly just first years in and it gets so packed, how does it function with the other years in too? :afraid:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really although I'm probably going to be repacking the larger suitcase which has all my clothes in and some other bits of stuff for the 2nd time.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Not really although I'm probably going to be repacking the larger suitcase which has all my clothes in and some other bits of stuff for the 2nd time.
That would be because you're only taking two suitcases I've got more than that (in size, although not in suitcases) and I haven't even packed clothes yet...
04MR17
Rep:
?
Probably the frying pan...or chopping board if we're judging by surface area :giggle:
Stack plates inside your frying pan (if it's wide enough) to maximise space. Also cutlery can be stored inside oven gloves so they don't break anything. :borat:
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stack plates inside your frying pan (if it's wide enough) to maximise space. Also cutlery can be stored inside oven gloves so they don't break anything. :borat:
Good idea about plates :yep: Not sure if they'll fit or not, the frying pan isn't especially wide :holmes: Cutlery is still in it's plastic container but it's pretty space efficient and won't break anything in there so I think I'll leave it...not sure it would fit in oven gloves without making them inefficient to pack actually :laugh:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, but at the same time, I also don't think I've got enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.94%
No (61)
35.06%

Watched Threads