Report 4 months ago
Anyone been with OOL?
xxjessxx20
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by emilykat_e)
Hi everyone! I'm learning online too! Haven't found any threads with this many people teaching themselves A levels so this is really nice. I'm with NEC doing Spanish and Maths.
Im doing nec Spanish and then law and business with oxford
satsun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xxjessxx20)
Is Oxford, Oxford Open Learning?
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by satsun)
Is Oxford, Oxford Open Learning?
I do oxford homeschooling
satsun
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I do oxford homeschooling
I want to do a History course with them, but I’ve not heard a lot about the company, how is it?
emilykat_e
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How are you finding the spanish with nec?
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by emilykat_e)
How are you finding the spanish with nec?
I haven’t started yet as they need to give me the login.
xSeifx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A2 Chemistry,Biology and A-level Mathematics. Chem and bio are CIE while Math is Edexcel also taking s1 and c12
Aisha2002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is an AMAZING thread!!! Just wanted to ask which online website would you guys recommend for online A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Sociology. Has anyone here used Learn Now???
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Aisha2002)
This is an AMAZING thread!!! Just wanted to ask which online website would you guys recommend for online A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Sociology. Has anyone here used Learn Now???
Use oxford homeschooling
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just got my law folder from oxford homeschooling and there’s a total of 150 case studies I’m freaking out
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tiaindie16)
hey! sounds amazing. I currently do law, psychology and business studies. I study with Wolsey Hall Oxford homeschooling college and they are super supportive without being overbearing if you know what i mean. It is nice to be able to learn the way you want but still have that support from teachers and tutors when needed. Have you done Gcse's or started a college?
Hey how are you finding law and psychology what are they like. What do I have to remember. What do u find easier
satsun
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just got my law folder from oxford homeschooling and there’s a total of 150 case studies I’m freaking out
Hey, I’m doing a course with Open Study, but I love Oxford’s history content. Would you say the materials you’ve got are good. Also, it seems difficult to apply, you can’t just enrol online, how does it work?
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I’m doing a course with Open Study, but I love Oxford’s history content. Would you say the materials you’ve got are good. Also, it seems difficult to apply, you can’t just enrol online, how does it work?
You fill in an application and they get back to you within a day. They provide you folders with tasks in it and assignments
satsun
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You fill in an application and they get back to you within a day. They provide you folders with tasks in it and assignments
When they get back to you, I notice they call, what do they have to discuss. You mean like ring bound folders, with materials in?
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
When they get back to you, I notice they call, what do they have to discuss. You mean like ring bound folders, with materials in?
Yes they have basically the textbook content in it. And with the phone call I don’t know what they say as my mother answered
Jojojones
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tiaindie16)
Hi, I started homeschooling for a levels using an online college last october and i am currently in my second and last year. I am curious to see if there is anybody else within the UK that has chosen to study them at home and then sit them as an external candidate.

Also if anybody would like to start homeschooling for college i am more than happy to share advice and help you! It would be nice to find others who are going through the same journey as myself as there is not a lot of us! Also if you are homeschooling, which subjects do you take!?
I taught myself A level sociology last year and sat the exam at an external centre. It took a lot of will power to get through it but I completed it in a year and gained a B (3 marks off an A). It is very do-able.
Fasih178
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm homeschooled, and I'm pursuing Math, FM, and Econ. I'm done with Math and Econ: got an A* in both. Currently doing A2 FM with an A in As-level FM. Thinking of applying to Oxbridge, but I'm afraid that even if I do get accepted, I won't be able to attend.
Aradiaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yer hi , i have just started studying for A level , for the next 2 years . i live in the uk , i have researched it for several months , and decided to go for it , so i have printed up the specification , and i am reading and annotating my history of art books , help and advice would be great . thku .. glad ur studies are going well
Seni007
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any tips with time management and how to keep on track? I'm doing all my A levels in school except one because they refused to put it in the time table (psychology)
Any tips for psychology would help me a lot, I'm struggling to learn all the content and answer the questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (118)
51.75%
No (110)
48.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed