Why is he telling me all the bad things he has done? Watch

pringles0619
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I recently met someone (who teaches at a university) within my industry that wants to collaborate with me. I am happy to be friends with other professionals to a point, however, this guy has gone over the line. He has been incredibly supportive and appreciate their efforts.

Issue is, they told me they drink a lot to ease the pain of a long-term injury and drink a pint before they teach. They also told me that they use to take loads of ecstasy and told me all these 'crazy stories' like how they shot a spider with a gun (not joking). Now its gone from that to how they got drunk and went to work drunk because they like the feeling. He also reached out to me first to connect etc. He also said he has issues etc and that I will get use to his 'humour'.

I feel extremely confused by the situation and do not know what to do. Why tell me all these terrible things if you want to work with me? Surely you wouldn't want to give off a bad impression? I want to ask the said person but I don't want them to get defensive. But I am concerned. I need some insight, what do you think is going on and what should I do?
yibby03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
some people are just seriously pent up, will vent to anyone who'll listen
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why don’t you want to risk his defensiveness ? - are you obliged to work with him already? If not honesty is the best policy.
pringles0619
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
Why don’t you want to risk his defensiveness ? - are you obliged to work with him already? If not honesty is the best policy.
I am concerned it will backfire and ruin an opportunity to work with him. No, not obliged. That is true
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.67%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.67%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.67%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
36.67%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.33%

Watched Threads