The Student Room Group

Psychology to GEM!

Hi guys, I'm going into my first year of studying psychology at UCL.
Over the few months I have realised that medicine is what I really enjoy (although I do also enjoy psychology) but wasn't really confident enough to apply and didn't feel ready.
I'm hoping to work part time as a HCA during my 3 years at univeristy if I can manage and apply during my second year of uni.
Also, I will try and gain some clinical psychology work experience to see if thats a path I would enjoy more, a route which is arguably just as competitive as gem.
I would love to hear from people in a similar position to me, also advice on how to prepare a competitive entry into medicine and I'm hoping to document my progress! :smile:
Thanks for reading guyssss
Original post by Whata
Hi guys, I'm going into my first year of studying psychology at UCL.
Over the few months I have realised that medicine is what I really enjoy (although I do also enjoy psychology) but wasn't really confident enough to apply and didn't feel ready.
I'm hoping to work part time as a HCA during my 3 years at univeristy if I can manage and apply during my second year of uni.
Also, I will try and gain some clinical psychology work experience to see if thats a path I would enjoy more, a route which is arguably just as competitive as gem.
I would love to hear from people in a similar position to me, also advice on how to prepare a competitive entry into medicine and I'm hoping to document my progress! :smile:
Thanks for reading guyssss

GEM is very competitive
Not sure what your stats are and if you haven’t started psychologyif there is an option to take a gap year and apply for A100 ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending