The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside University 2020 undergraduate applicant chat

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, thanks so much to those of you who joined us for our open day at the weekend :smile: was lovely to meet so many of you online!

For anyone working on an application following the open day, this quick personal statement checklist may be useful for you before you hit submit...

have you...

- explained why you have chosen your subject and what interests you about it
- shown that you understand what your chosen subject is all about - and demonstrated your understanding of any associated professions
- explained what interests you about your current studies
- highlighted your work experience, placement or voluntary work and explained why this is relevant to the course you've chosen
- explained what your graduate aspirations are
- highlighted your personal skills, e.g. communication, teamwork, organisation, providing examples of when you have demonstrated these skills and how and why these skills will be useful to you at university
- highlighted your academic achievements
- highlighted any other achievements/awards/programmes you have been involved in outside of school or college
- included your social, sports and leisure interests and how the skills and qualities you have gained from these interests will help you at university and beyond
- had your personal statement reviewed by your tutor
- used a word processor (such as Microsoft Word) to thoroughly check your spelling and grammar

Head to our online chat for guidance if you need it! Live on our website 9am - 4.30pm weekdays :smile:

Best of luck.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Hi all

Our Facebook applicant group is now live :smile::smile::smile:

You can join here

:bird:
Hi all

Only two days until our next online undergraduate open day! :smile:

Thursday 23 July 2020, 3.00pm - 6.00pm

Book here

We hope to see you then!
Reply 23
Hi im trying to find out if online lectures will be availavle to watch after the time given on my timetable or are they only shown once?
Original post by Leham88
Hi im trying to find out if online lectures will be availavle to watch after the time given on my timetable or are they only shown once?

Hello @Leham88

Online lecture recordings will remain available until you finish your course, along with the rest of your learning materials. :smile: hope this helps! Laura
hi I'm looking to make some friends as I'm not in accommodation and we arent in so I'm struggling. I'm doing MH nursing. my snapchat is Kxt_Hxnnxh and my Instagram is nursingwithkittyx xxxx
Original post by KittyHannahxo
hi I'm looking to make some friends as I'm not in accommodation and we arent in so I'm struggling. I'm doing MH nursing. my snapchat is Kxt_Hxnnxh and my Instagram is nursingwithkittyx xxxx

Hi @KittyHannahxo :smile:

Hope you meet some of your peers through this post. We know it's a tricky time to be starting uni and connecting with others. Some ideas below! -

Our Facebook applicant group is still live which you're welcome to join here - it's a great place to find people on your course, and/or in your accommodation if you're planning on moving in (even if you're not there yet)! It'll be live for at least another couple of months.

Keep an eye on all of our social channels too (links below) as there's lots going on to help you meet fellow students - the Students' Union is offering a range of virtual and in-person socially distanced events for example, and there are also virtual activities available through our wellbeing, faith and reflection teams.

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Hope this helps! Best wishes for your studies :smile: Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending