KamZevel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone can help. Recently qualified and have made a silly mistake and now I am really panicking as we have cqc coming in for an inspection. Basically what happened was I had a sharps injury with a used matrix band. Tended to the wound appropriately, checked pts medical history which was all clear, and stopped working immediately as it was the end of the day.

HOWEVER:

A) did not go to a&e within the required amount of time but did contact occupational health several days later (I know this isn’t looking great but it is what it is!). I had all my vaccinations such as hep b done prior to the incident. Also, the matrix band did not contain any blood of the patient which lessens the possibility of contracting hiv.

B)was away from the practice days later for a whole week. I actually was supposed to be leaving but decided to come back to my old job to which I’ll be returning to on Monday.

C)accident form was filled out and the wound was dealt with appropriately as stated in the sharps injury protocol. Due to me coming back to work, my manager has asked if I’d taken a blood test after the accident and I have not! So that’s when I contacted occupational health(I have proof of this).

The thing is, cqc are coming and im uncertain of what will happen if this is picked up on!
I know I’ve made a mistake by not going to a&e but am I going to be struck off the Gdc? I’m so so so worried 😩😩😩
Nuttyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
DrTSR
DrTSR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KamZevel)
Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone can help. Recently qualified and have made a silly mistake and now I am really panicking as we have cqc coming in for an inspection. Basically what happened was I had a sharps injury with a used matrix band. Tended to the wound appropriately, checked pts medical history which was all clear, and stopped working immediately as it was the end of the day.

HOWEVER:

A) did not go to a&e within the required amount of time but did contact occupational health several days later (I know this isn’t looking great but it is what it is!). I had all my vaccinations such as hep b done prior to the incident. Also, the matrix band did not contain any blood of the patient which lessens the possibility of contracting hiv.

B)was away from the practice days later for a whole week. I actually was supposed to be leaving but decided to come back to my old job to which I’ll be returning to on Monday.

C)accident form was filled out and the wound was dealt with appropriately as stated in the sharps injury protocol. Due to me coming back to work, my manager has asked if I’d taken a blood test after the accident and I have not! So that’s when I contacted occupational health(I have proof of this).

The thing is, cqc are coming and im uncertain of what will happen if this is picked up on!
I know I’ve made a mistake by not going to a&e but am I going to be struck off the Gdc? I’m so so so worried 😩😩😩
Relax, nothing is going to happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (5)
8.2%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
8.2%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
24.59%
No and I wouldn't consider it (36)
59.02%

Watched Threads