Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
please help!! i’ve already applied for my universities but i’ve recently had to drop out of college due to unforeseen circumstances!! so now i’m having to teach myself and the degree i applied for i no longer want to do, due to me dropping out i no longer have predicted grades or any help at all, i don’t even know how much an a level exam would cost or anything, what do i do about my ucas, can i just create another account and apply again in november time?? also does uni check your employment is correct? e.g ring up that company
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
clearly something has gone on that you won't tell us but did you think this through before doing? registering for exams without the help of your school will be a massive pain and i think you have to pay to do it. i have literally no idea what you're meant to do about a reference, and since there's no one to give you predicted grades your application will be limited. only thing i do know is that ucas/the universities don't check employment

oh and if you've already sent off the application, you can't create a new account and reapply but you can contact the universities you applied to and ask to switch courses. provided you still wrote a competent personal statement and you meet the entry requirements, you might be in luck
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
clearly something has gone on that you won't tell us but did you think this through before doing? registering for exams without the help of your school will be a massive pain and i think you have to pay to do it. i have literally no idea what you're meant to do about a reference, and since there's no one to give you predicted grades your application will be limited. only thing i do know is that ucas/the universities don't check employment

oh and if you've already sent off the application, you can't create a new account and reapply but you can contact the universities you applied to and ask to switch courses. provided you still wrote a competent personal statement and you meet the entry requirements, you might be in luck
yeah it was something that i didn’t expect to happen, due to me dropping out they will not give me a reference or predicted grades, couldn’t just create another account with a different email? are you sure they don’t check employment as then why do they ask for it if everyone could just lie?

so basically i’m ****ed??
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeah it was something that i didn’t expect to happen, due to me dropping out they will not give me a reference or predicted grades, couldn’t just create another account with a different email? are you sure they don’t check employment as then why do they ask for it if everyone could just lie?

so basically i’m ****ed??
they definitely don't check it because no one uses it for anything hence why there's no point in lying

you could create a new account but it's not allowed so i wouldn't recommend. you may encounter some embarrassment, potentially more serious than that, later when the universities they have you on their records twice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads