WilliamBurbidge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there all,
I hope you are all okay.
I am thinking about taking a design course for a degree, but did not take a design subject before that point.
May I ask if anyone could give me some tasks that they were set for example in A Level Product design, so I could add more to a portfolio.

Thank you! Have a nice day,
WB
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WilliamBurbidge)
Hi there all,
I hope you are all okay.
I am thinking about taking a design course for a degree, but did not take a design subject before that point.
May I ask if anyone could give me some tasks that they were set for example in A Level Product design, so I could add more to a portfolio.

Thank you! Have a nice day,
WB
I think you would struggle to do An Alevel product design project in your spare time alongside your other alevels assuming you are doing them, how are you going to access materials , equipment etc? You also do not get set tasks in A2 year of product design it is your own project and your own brief that you create.
Out of interest why are you applying for a design course? Do you have any design experience? Have you looked at entry requirements for unis? Most unis ask for at least one design or art subject.

PQ
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exactly what sort of design degree do you hope to apply for? That will affect the content of your portfolio quite significantly.

There’s sites like https://briefbox.me but the usually charge for full access and the briefs won’t all be suitable for many degree portfolios (and your portfolio may need other types of work to supplement and complement anything you produce in response to an online brief).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed