shinypixel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
GCSE: 98888877AA65 (6 in geog, 5 in music) (top 10 in my secondary school)
predicted: A*A*A*A (maths, bio, psychology and chem respectively.
lots of work experience etc
I got an average of 640 band 2. I’ve spent all day crying. Was originally considering applying to Imperial, cambridge, kings and Leicester, but I know the last 2 are no longer options for me. Where should I apply?
Laycity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shinypixel)
GCSE: 98888877AA65 (6 in geog, 5 in music) (top 10 in my secondary school)
predicted: A*A*A*A (maths, bio, psychology and chem respectively.
lots of work experience etc
I got an average of 640 band 2. I’ve spent all day crying. Was originally considering applying to Imperial, cambridge, kings and Leicester, but I know the last 2 are no longer options for me. Where should I apply?
Post on the which medical school megathread for advice. Have you scored yourself for Leicester? 640 is above average and you’ve got two BMAT unis there, have you done that yet?
shinypixel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laycity)
Post on the which medical school megathread for advice. Have you scored yourself for Leicester? 640 is above average and you’ve got two BMAT unis there, have you done that yet?
Doing the BMAT in October
shinypixel
Rep:
?
Please, I just need some advice, I feel like I ruined my life and I need to see if i still have any options.
10oba-abbad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Chill lol, Leicester is more than viable with ur GCSEs. Predicted grades r strong too so exeter is an option. Kings do love the UCAT quite a bit but my sister got in for med last year with a 620 b1 so I think of u can secure an interview and smash it you stand a good chance
shinypixel
Rep:
?
Having flopped my UCAT (640 avg band 2) and having mediocre grades (98888877AA65 at GCSE predicted A*A*A*A in maths bio psych and chem), I don’t know if it’s smart to still make an application this year as I’m quite sure I’ll be rejected.

I wanted to go to imperial but I can tell the BMAT is going to be even more of a disaster.

I really have no idea what to do, i’m at my wits end what should I do?
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Having flopped my UCAT (640 avg band 2) and having mediocre grades (98888877AA65 at GCSE predicted A*A*A*A in maths bio psych and chem), I don’t know if it’s smart to still make an application this year as I’m quite sure I’ll be rejected.

I wanted to go to imperial but I can tell the BMAT is going to be even more of a disaster.

I really have no idea what to do, i’m at my wits end what should I do?
prepare for your BMAT. I wouldn't pre-empt a GAP year. I am speaking as medic at Oxford who knows how tough the year can be. Your predicted grades are good.

Your UCAT is by no means disastrous but don't apply for London Unis requiring UCAT.
shinypixel
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
prepare for your BMAT. I wouldn't pre-empt a GAP year. I am speaking as medic at Oxford who knows how tough the year can be. Your predicted grades are good.

Your UCAT is by no means disastrous but don't apply for London Unis requiring UCAT.
Thank you for your advice, do you think it would be okay for me to apply to imperial, UCL and Plymouth?
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your advice, do you think it would be okay for me to apply to imperial, UCL and Plymouth?
Obviously you get 4 choices. Imperial and UCL remain very much in contention as you haven't yet sat your BMAT, but remember if it goes badly you automatically lose 2 options. It is your choice whether you want to take that risk: there is absolutely no 'right' answer. I think though Plymouth + one other medical school outside of London that is a bit less competitive you defo still stand a solid chance with your GCSEs and predicted grades. I tutored a student for BMAT who got offers at Edinburgh and Imperial and chose to go to Edinburgh. I think you are being harsh on yourself
shinypixel
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
Obviously you get 4 choices. Imperial and UCL remain very much in contention as you haven't yet sat your BMAT, but remember if it goes badly you automatically lose 2 options. It is your choice whether you want to take that risk: there is absolutely no 'right' answer. I think though Plymouth + one other medical school outside of London that is a bit less competitive you defo still stand a solid chance with your GCSEs and predicted grades. I tutored a student for BMAT who got offers at Edinburgh and Imperial and chose to go to Edinburgh. I think you are being harsh on yourself
Thank you so much, I hope you have a great day
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much, I hope you have a great day
You too - good luck. Give me a shout if you need any further advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.06%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.12%
Yes but I might change my mind (38)
16.81%

Watched Threads