blue.stripes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey! Just wanted to share some admissions statistics for your interest, and since I found the data, why not? This is from Which? and pertains to last year's admissions data.

Glasgow: 26%
Keele: 18%
KCL: 35%
Oxford: 10%
Plymouth: 34%
Sheffield: 39%
Aston University: 45%
Brighton and Sussex: 21%
Cardiff: 32%
UCL: 22%
Imperial: 25%
Lancaster: 24%
Queen's University Belfast: 44%

Feel free to add to it!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What year?

Edit: seems to be 2018 entry. This is very useful actually - in many ways moreso than the numbers present on the wiki.
Last edited by nexttime; 4 weeks ago
bethanyrose02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are these the percentage of offers given in terms of total applications or percentage of offers given to those who attended interview? Thank you
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aberdeen 19%
Aston University: 45%
Birmingham 37%
Brighton and Sussex: 21%
Bristol ???
Cambridge ???
Cardiff: 32%
Dundee 21%
UEA 39%
Edinburgh 18%
Glasgow: 26%
Hull/York 45%
Imperial: 25%
Keele: 18%
KCL: 35%
Lancaster: 24%
Leicester 31%
Liverpool 40%
Leeds 16%
Manchester 37%
Nottingham ???
Oxford: 10%
Plymouth: 34%
Queen Mary ???
Queen's University Belfast: 44%
St Andrews 35%
Sheffield: 39%
Southampton 31%
UCL: 22%
Last edited by nexttime; 4 weeks ago
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bethanyrose02)
Are these the percentage of offers given in terms of total applications or percentage of offers given to those who attended interview? Thank you
Application to offer ratio
Omerkkkkk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any info on Manchester ?
blue.stripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Omerkkkkk)
Any info on Manchester ?
37% x
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nexttime)
What year?

Edit: seems to be 2018 entry. This is very useful actually - in many ways moreso than the numbers present on the wiki.
The problem is, they all give application to offer or application to place, when what you really need is interview to offer, as calculating the likelihood of an interview is fairly easy, what we need is the "how likely to get an offer an you if you get an interview" answer. Hence I usually jig with the MSC figures and number of places which is readily available to give at least an approximation!
blue.stripes
Rep:
?
(Original post by GANFYD)
The problem is, they all give application to offer or application to place, when what you really need is interview to offer, as calculating the likelihood of an interview is fairly easy, what we need is the "how likely to get an offer an you if you get an interview" answer. Hence I usually jig with the MSC figures and number of places which is readily available to give at least an approximation!
Yeah, the MSC site is great! The figures are given in ratios which is fine, but sometimes nice to just look for a percentage
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
So... I could edit the TSR site to show the MSC figures, (for applicants per place, applicants per interview, and interview per place) and the Which? figures for applicants per offer. I could also do a composite figure stating interviews per offer. I would not, however, have actual numbers as the current table does, only the ratios. Worth it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads