The Student Room Group

How do I tell him that i'm not interested?

without hurting their feelings?
okay...so he is doing the same course as me at university which makes it kind of hard to avoid him

Scroll to see replies

be like i don't like you in that way and tell him boy bye
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
be like i don't like you in that way and tell him boy bye

You make it sound so easy haha! I mean I'm a straight-up sorta person but when it comes to things like this I'm clueless and don't know how to go about it, should I let it continue or ?
Something like "Sorry you're a great person but I don't feel we are the right match, I wish you all the best for the future". That should leave him still feeling somewhat positive about himself.
Literally just tell him, otherwise he'll probably keep trying.
Reply 5
Tons of ways. Mention a date you went on or someone you like, call him a friend (if he is one), "assume" he's gay (okay that one might hurt his feelings XD)
Reply 6
Original post by Justbeingmyself
Something like "Sorry you're a great person but I don't feel we are the right match, I wish you all the best for the future". That should leave him still feeling somewhat positive about himself.

He's been giving obvious signs that he's interested but hasn't actually said that he likes me, so I can't just randomly throw that in the middle of a convo if you get me? How do I go about hinting it and being nice at the same time
Reply 7
"Hey, I'm not interested"

Problem solved, you're welcome.
Just tell him clearly that you consider him an amazing friend, like a brother.
Talk to him about the dates that you have been on and some of the chats you have had with guys on tinder/dating sites.
Don't apologise or allow him to believe that there is a chance of you offering anything more than friendship.
Reply 9
Original post by Sataris
Tons of ways. Mention a date you went on or someone you like, call him a friend (if he is one), "assume" he's gay (okay that one might hurt his feelings XD)

That is a good idea thanks! But I can imagine the awkwardness XD because I think he knows that I know that he likes me
Original post by Miaaa_wolf
That is a good idea thanks! But I can imagine the awkwardness XD because I think he knows that I know that he likes me

Is it causing any problems at the moment?
Original post by londonmyst
Just tell him clearly that you consider him an amazing friend, like a brother.
Talk to him about the dates that you have been on and some of the chats you have had with guys on tinder/dating sites.
Don't apologise or allow him to believe that there is a chance of you offering anything more than friendship.

Thanks for the advice! Yes I'll try to give subtle hints and see what happens on Monday :h:
Original post by Sataris
Is it causing any problems at the moment?

Not really no, It's just that it'll be awkward when I tell him. But I'll slide it in a convo then he'll get the hint and hopefully steer away into the opposite direction
The word 'bro' as often as you can. It may pain him but he'll get the message

That is actually a really clever way thanks! :wink:

Bro zoned. I like it.
Reply 16

Something about your post makes me think you're speaking from experience and have been fed this line a lot...
Original post by ANM775
Something about your post makes me think you're speaking from experience and have been fed this line a lot...

Haha sometimes, but I respect the girl for at least being polite and honest about it. Everyone has different preferences at the end of the day, you can't be everyone's type.
Haha sometimes, but I respect the girl for at least being polite and honest about it. Everyone has different preferences at the end of the day, you can't be everyone's type.

This. Far better to be told rather than be strung along. Hope kills you, knowing where you stand means you can move on
oh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending