I don't know if I should have my EPQ related to politics or medicine

Watch
potatofaith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently in year 12 and we're starting to plan for our EPQ. In my school you have to do an EPQ. My first idea was going to be about the current filipino president, Duterte, and all the controversial stuff he does. But now we had this session with some year 13s about their EPQ and they said that it's better to have it related to your uni course. I want to do medicine therefore I should do an EPQ on medicine. If I did do medicine, I would try and find something about the ethics in healthcare like should doctors keep a patient's information confidential when their behaviour could endanger the public? Something like that idk. However, one of my friends told me that medical school don't really care about your EPQ so I can just basically do whatever I want. Also, I feel like I'll be able to explain stuff better if I do Duterte but if doing medicine will help me get into uni then I'll do medicine. Edit: I could do healthcare in the Philippines...
Last edited by potatofaith; 1 year ago
Charlottehollyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really think you would be better off doing something related to your course. Especially as most (if not all) Universitys interview for medicine, it gives you something constructive to talk about at the interview and show your knowledge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise