The Student Room Group

Should I date in med school?

Hi all,

I have a query for you,

I'm a 18yo male about to start med school, and now the stress of actually getting in has gone, I've gone to worrying about other things, the biggest being relationships. I've never had a gf (or bf, but I'd have to get extra drunk for that :wink: ) before, and I don't know if I'd have the time to commit to a relationship when in uni.

I'm also really not a fan of hookups/ one night stands, and even if I wanted to try, I ain't got the looks for it. So what I'm asking is, should I bother, or just wait til I know I'll have the time to commit proper
Reply 1
Ain't that the truth :lol:

I just don't wanna be lonely all my life is all.

I mean, one good thing about waiting is that at least there may be a few fit nurses if I ever make it to being a doctor..... well at least I can hope anyway :lol:
Try and find another person on the course. That way they will understand the pressures and not want you to go out partying when you need to knuckle down.

Whatever you study you still need some light relief. Nothing wrong with an understanding partner.
Things tend to happen naturally bro without you trying, you dont need to think about it. If it happens it happens.
You should try it out in social areas for best success rates. It'll naturally feel right if you find someone who matches you: if it doesn't or it feels forced then look for someone later. You'll eventually find someone :smile:
Best not to date in Med School.

Most people actually go out to a restaurant.
Why not? If you gel with that certain Miss or Mr (or even Dr!), the fact that you're a med student shouldn't really stand in the way. Med schools fall over themselves to assure students that they can have a full, fun-filled life outside lectures, tutorials, dissection suites and clinical attachments.

If it happens, great; if not, you'll just have to wait like everyone else for Cupid's arrow to strike.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I have a query for you,

I'm a 18yo male about to start med school, and now the stress of actually getting in has gone, I've gone to worrying about other things, the biggest being relationships. I've never had a gf (or bf, but I'd have to get extra drunk for that :wink: ) before, and I don't know if I'd have the time to commit to a relationship when in uni.

I'm also really not a fan of hookups/ one night stands, and even if I wanted to try, I ain't got the looks for it. So what I'm asking is, should I bother, or just wait til I know I'll have the time to commit proper

Just play it by ear, if you find a nice partner things will develop organically.
Ain't that the truth :lol:

I just don't wanna be lonely all my life is all.

I mean, one good thing about waiting is that at least there may be a few fit nurses if I ever make it to being a doctor..... well at least I can hope anyway :lol:

Im a fit nurse

Spoiler

Hi all,

I have a query for you,

Stop stressing, definitely if they are really hot, maybe not if they are a mind case.
Just do your thing and if the opportunity arises then try it out.
Patients is not a good idea, but doctors, lecturers, students, nurses etc are all ok.
Flatmates you should think about carefully.
Might be the one thing that keeps you sane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending