Personal statement help for psychology course for oxbridge!!!!!!!!!!

Watch
zayffic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to do Psychology as a university course, and want to apply to Oxbridge. I'm having difficulties relating my A-level subjects to the course I want to apply to (My A-levels are; Chemistry, Biology and English Literature). I am aware I can make links between English Literature and Psychology but I am so confused as to how I can interlink Biology with psychology or Chemistry with Psychology. I need help and assistance ASAP as 15th Oct is approaching soon so, there's a deadline I have to meet. PLEASE ANYONE HELP.

p.s. Has anyone filled out or have heard of an extenuating circumstance/Mitigating circumstance form you also send off with your personal statement. If you have, please let me know asap.
I am really desperate!
Last edited by zayffic; 1 year ago
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zayffic)
I want to do Psychology as a university course, and want to apply to Oxbridge. I'm having difficulties relating my A-level subjects to the course I want to apply to (My A-levels are; Chemistry, Biology and English Literature). I am aware I can make links between English Literature and Psychology but I am so confused as to how I can interlink Biology with psychology or Chemistry with Psychology. I need help and assistance ASAP as 15th Oct is approaching soon so, there's a deadline I have to meet. PLEASE ANYONE HELP.

p.s. Has anyone filled out or have heard of an extenuating circumstance/Mitigating circumstance form you also send off with your personal statement. If you have, please let me know asap.
I am really desperate!
You don't necessarily have to relate your A-Levels subjects to your university subject. What a personal statement should do is show why you are applying for the subject and how you have demonstrated your interest, and also what makes you a stellar candidate (e.g. academic achievements, prizes and certification outside of school, positions of responsibility...)

You can always consult your teacher for more guidance, and advice on submitting extenuating circumstances with your application. Once you have written a draft, you can submit privately to the Personal Statement forum on TSR where you will receive good feedback.
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Once you have written a draft, you can submit privately to the Personal Statement forum on TSR where you will receive good feedback.
This ^

It's important that you don't post it anywhere publicly on the internet, because then the UCAS plagiarism filter may pick it up and think you copied yours from online.

Be careful and good luck with it. (I can't give you much advice on the PS itself for those subjects I'm afraid)
MorbidThumbs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zayffic)

I am really desperate!
Biological Psychology for one, and relate it as a whole as another Science.
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chemistry and biology are good for studying the brain babe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (83)
38.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.98%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.72%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.56%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.44%

Watched Threads