Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, recently moved to Liverpool for university and so far haven’t came across many Muslims or south Asian students, and was surprised there wasn’t a Bengali or Pakistani society offered at Liverpool John Moores. Does anyone know what the ISOC is like at ljmu? I’m not extremely religious but would love to get involved in charity work and meet more Muslims/ south Asian people.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, recently moved to Liverpool for university and so far haven’t came across many Muslims or south Asian students, and was surprised there wasn’t a Bengali or Pakistani society offered at Liverpool John Moores. Does anyone know what the ISOC is like at ljmu? I’m not extremely religious but would love to get involved in charity work and meet more Muslims/ south Asian people.
Hey I don't go to Liverpool myself but I have two muslim Bengali friends who just moved there and both also said theyre aren't many muslims.but have joined Asian societies such as Bollywood even tho they have no interest in Bollywood but are going to amek other Muslim/Asian friemds
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What's wrong with everyone else? When in Rome ..
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What?? There are Loadss of muslims! And loads of south asian students. I'm shocked you've not already met tonnes.
ISOC is massive. There's a whatsapp group for the girls and for the boys
13bhath
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have applied to LJMU for zoology and am thinking of joining isoc and the bollywood societies
would you recommend it??
what are the events like?
Breeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 13bhath)
I have applied to LJMU for zoology and am thinking of joining isoc and the bollywood societies
would you recommend it??
Good luck on your application!
I didnt even know there Was a Bollywood society, so ive no idea.
Isoc seems kind of like marmite, everyone who has joined has either loved it or hated it. The events tend to be things like meals and charity events with speakers
13bhath
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Breeee)
Good luck on your application!
I didnt even know there Was a Bollywood society, so ive no idea.
Isoc seems kind of like marmite, everyone who has joined has either loved it or hated it. The events tend to be things like meals and charity events with speakers
Thank you i actually received an offer i'm so excited
and well then i hope i like isoc
Breeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you i actually received an offer i'm so excited
and well then i hope i like isoc
Congratulations!
Finito
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
would you recommend it??
Bruh? astaghfirullah
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Following
13bhath
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Finito)
Bruh? astaghfirullah
Whats the astagfiruallah about ??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads