The Student Room Group

Loved everything about him but he slept with another girl

Loved everything about him but the fact he cheated.
I broke up with my ex because he cheated on me however our relationship was perfect l, we got along so well and we was literally soulmates. It’s just hard to think I’ll find someone like this again that is perfect for me but loyal.

Really going through a **** time atm. Advice on this ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I broke up with my ex because he cheated on me however our relationship was perfect l, we got along so well and we was literally soulmates. It’s just hard to think I’ll find someone like this again that is perfect for me but loyal.

people make such a big deal out of cheating.... why not just forgive him
Original post by Ciel.

Erm... probably because he betrayed her trust? It probably took a long time to get where they were and he undid it all in seconds. It's like the 911 attacks... those towers took years to build up, but they were felled in a matter of minutes.

Even she were to forgive him, chances are the relationship would never be what it was before.
Original post by Ciel.

Are you Mr Boris Johnson or Ryan Giggs in disguise?
If you get back with him it will never be the same. Once someone cheats they are basically saying I need more and if that's the case he's not your soul mate Right? Time to wake up!!!!
Original post by Ciel.

You would say that...
either forgive him but be wary of his actions or dump him and take up a new hobby instead. Whatever you want to do I'm always here for you.

Get rid. I speak from experience when I say if red flags like this start appearing, leave and find a nice guy who will treat you well, even if he is not the hottest looking guy on the planet. At least you've found out now, unlike me who was married and had kids when this happened.
Reply 8
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Erm... probably because he betrayed her trust? It probably took a long time to get where they were and he undid it all in seconds. It's like the 911 attacks... those towers took years to build up, but they were felled in a matter of minutes.

Even she were to forgive him, chances are the relationship would never be what it was before.

it happens. people keep forgetting that sex/feelings are two different things. sex is just sex in most cases
Original post by barnetlad
Are you Mr Boris Johnson or Ryan Giggs in disguise?

i'm your daddy's biggest secret.
You would say that...

aww, you had to go anon to tell me this?
Original post by Ciel.
it happens. people keep forgetting that sex/feelings are two different things. sex is just sex in most cases

Well the OP doesn't go into detail about how he's cheated on her; we're only assuming it's "just sex". How do we know it wasn't a full blown affair?

Assuming you're right, the OP is obviously hurt by his actions, and he's no longer the guy she thought he was.

It sounds like you're someone who can have sex etc. without the emotional attachment. If that's right, then fair play to you. However, other people find it hard to switch off their feelings or even to comprehend sex without emotion.
Reply 10
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Well the OP doesn't go into detail about how he's cheated on her; we're only assuming it's "just sex". How do we know it wasn't a full blown affair?

Assuming you're right, the OP is obviously hurt by his actions, and he's no longer the guy she thought he was.

It sounds like you're someone who can have sex etc. without the emotional attachment. If that's right, then fair play to you. However, other people find it hard to switch off their feelings or even to comprehend sex without emotion.

'other people' need to toughen up then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending