username4962388
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I gave my economics exam on May June this year and I got a Undergrade that i did not expect I am resitting my exam economics exam in 10 days now. Can anyone give me tips regarding how to start studying?
And I have pretty bad at essay and data base question can anyone send me a essay pattern and how to answer questions? Or any websites that have sample answers of Economics AS level?
Sam171
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MiaNash)
I gave my economics exam on May June this year and I got a Undergrade that i did not expect I am resitting my exam economics exam in 10 days now. Can anyone give me tips regarding how to start studying?
And I have pretty bad at essay and data base question can anyone send me a essay pattern and how to answer questions? Or any websites that have sample answers of Economics AS level?
I might not be the best to give you advice, because i struggled too in AS economics , and eventhough i was predicted an A , i got a C , 1 mark away from a B
But the main thing that helped me was znotes , and practicing the multiple choice
I had a strong essay based skill, so i just practiced some past papers , but the important thing is to study the graphs, they come up more often , but also study the main section , unit 1 which is the basics, and the supply and demand , and the exchange rates and current account section, these are mey

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOU IS HOW TO ANSWER

1) define any key word mentioned in the q question
2) discus advantages or disadvg, or depending what the question wants
3) organize ideas and save you opinions till the end for the conclusion
4) refer to the case and make sure you dont go off topic
5) at the end after explaining all ideas and points start giving other opinions and ideas
6) keep good grammar and explanation , you can provide graphs even when not said in q

Sometimes in the mark scheme it says you can reward for correct use of graphs , so practice the mark scheme and work on your analysis , the whole point is to get a suitable answer for the question based on the goverment and the business and etc,. U have alot to talk about and you really use anything in the book , because economics is so wide that any idea can be correct , but as i said try to be relevant in the questions needs

Good luck i hope that helps
username4962388
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Salim16)
I might not be the best to give you advice, because i struggled too in AS economics , and eventhough i was predicted an A , i got a C , 1 mark away from a B
But the main thing that helped me was znotes , and practicing the multiple choice
I had a strong essay based skill, so i just practiced some past papers , but the important thing is to study the graphs, they come up more often , but also study the main section , unit 1 which is the basics, and the supply and demand , and the exchange rates and current account section, these are mey

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOU IS HOW TO ANSWER

1) define any key word mentioned in the q question
2) discus advantages or disadvg, or depending what the question wants
3) organize ideas and save you opinions till the end for the conclusion
4) refer to the case and make sure you dont go off topic
5) at the end after explaining all ideas and points start giving other opinions and ideas
6) keep good grammar and explanation , you can provide graphs even when not said in q

Sometimes in the mark scheme it says you can reward for correct use of graphs , so practice the mark scheme and work on your analysis , the whole point is to get a suitable answer for the question based on the goverment and the business and etc,. U have alot to talk about and you really use anything in the book , because economics is so wide that any idea can be correct , but as i said try to be relevant in the questions needs

Good luck i hope that helps
Thank you so much ❤️ I'm really struggling with everything from understanding the topics to data based questions and MCQs.
Last edited by username4962388; 4 weeks ago
Sam171
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username4962388)
Thank you so much ❤️ I'm really struggling with everything from understanding the topics to data based questions and MCQs.
Im not implying that you shouldnt understand the material, but memorizing it is more important, you should memorize the advantages and disadvantages and definition , the rest involves ability to analyze your answers ,

if you say for example a command economy is better you have to explain that it uses anti monopoly legislation to provide equality towards the community , or provide any backup to your choosing
And you can , AND YOU SHOULD refer to the case in you exam , its called application points , so you should provide you own ideas along with explaining some of the points in the case, you can do well dont worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise