'Islam is right about women': Odd signs spark confusion in local town Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A slew of controversial signs posted across one local town has been drawing more confusion than outrage.

In Winchester, signs that read "Islam was RIGHT about women" has residents scratching their heads to figure out exactly what the poster meant by those words.

Winchester Police and upset residents spent a good part of their Wednesday afternoon removing signs from several poles across the town.

"I assume it's negative," said Dorothy Kruger, a resident. "That's not cool, that's not a cool thing to do."

https://www.boston25news.com/news/-i...town/987837653
Last edited by AngeryPenguin; 3 weeks ago
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably the same type of person who lives of benefits and say we’re taking their jobs, that put that sign up lmao
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is Winchester in the USA rather than the U.K, of course it’s negative.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's so confusing even as a Muslim to read that.
I don't get that at all.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OR321)
Probably the same type of person who lives of benefits and say we’re taking their jobs, that put that sign up lmao
Nothing like a bit of blind tabloid prejudice against those you assime also to be prejudiced.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
maybe an incel who can't get a woman and likes the idea of arranged marriage/more subservient wives.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:hmmmm:
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by -Quava-)
That's so confusing even as a Muslim to read that.
I don't get that at all.
How can it be confusing for you? As a Muslim, you know that "Islam is right about women".
Unless, of course, you are confused about what Islam actually says about women - which would be understandable.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh no, online trolling has now extended into the offline world and they are littering the streets with odd signs.
Rotting Corpse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What does Islam say about the womens?
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
How can it be confusing for you? As a Muslim, you know that "Islam is right about women".
Unless, of course, you are confused about what Islam actually says about women - which would be understandable.
*sigh*
I an fully aware of what Allah (SWT) has made obligatory and advised us to refrain from.

I don't understand why someone would write it on a piece of paper and randomly stick it up.
Rotting Corpse
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
*sigh*
I an fully aware of what Allah (SWT) has made obligatory and advised us to refrain from.

I don't understand why someone would write it on a piece of paper and randomly stick it up.
Yo, I thought you were leaving TSR forever?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rotting Corpse)
What does Islam say about the womens?
That it takes two of them to give an opinion worth the same as that of a man.

I think the sign writer probably meant that Islam is at the right of the political spectrum in its views and attitudes on women.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rotting Corpse)
Yo, I thought you were leaving TSR forever?
I was meant to and then put up a post a few days back saying I would be on for UCAS purposes but a few of my fAnS keep quoting my posts from before that thread was made to start Islamic debates with me.
But yes, I will only be on here until January (off and on for UCAS) and then in'sha'Allah I shall be gone.
Rotting Corpse
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
That's absolutely sickening!

I think the sign writer probably meant that Islam is at the right of the political spectrum in its views and attitudes on women.
Sure sounds like it!
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
*sigh*

You don't understand why someone would feel the urge to affirm the truth of Allah's words?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)

Indeed. It's ironic that Islam and the Hard Right share so much ideology.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
You don't understand why someone would feel the urge to affirm the truth of Allah's words?
On a random piece of paper in the middle of a town? ...

You could go on social media and post there or give dawah at the local mosque but I don't understand what the purpose of the paper is going to do other than confuse people.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The liberal left loves both Islam and feminism. Completely nonsensical.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On a random piece of paper in the middle of a town? ...

You could go on social media and post there or give dawah at the local mosque but I don't understand what the purpose of the paper is going to do other than confuse people.
I regularly see people randomly affirming the truth of Allah's words in my town centre.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
14.68%
It might lead to more bullying (123)
37.61%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.89%

Watched Threads