makeup
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so I'm thinking of transferring from bcu to uni of Leicester(which was my insurance but I didn't get in), meaning I didnt get the required a levels. However, say if I got high results at the end of year 1, despite not having the desired a levels for uni of Leicester, would I still have a chance of getting in based of my high results at the end of year 1?course is llb law
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They do accept transfers but it varies from courses so you’ll have to email. Are you wanting to transfer into year 2 because some unis may accept only from first year
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
They do accept transfers but it varies from courses so you’ll have to email. Are you wanting to transfer into year 2 because some unis may accept only from first year
Yes transfer into 2nd & yh I'll have to email-i can't transfer this year as I didn't get the a level grades but if I get high results at the end of year 1 surely that shows I can achieve & they may let me on?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by makeup)
Yes transfer into 2nd & yh I'll have to email-i can't transfer this year as I didn't get the a level grades but if I get high results at the end of year 1 surely that shows I can achieve & they may let me on?
Yeah I’m in this situation too. I stated uni this year but want to transfer to York/Sheffield next year but they said only from year 1. Plus loads of people have said year 2 is a big step up from year 1 and people usually end up failing when they transfer
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Yeah I’m in this situation too. I stated uni this year but want to transfer to York/Sheffield next year but they said only from year 1. Plus loads of people have said year 2 is a big step up from year 1 and people usually end up failing when they transfer
Oh so you'd have to start again?& not necessarily cos you've already experienced a year of uni. I want to transfer somewhere closer to home as I'm not sure if I can hack being away
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh so you'd have to start again?& not necessarily cos you've already experienced a year of uni. I want to transfer somewhere closer to home as I'm not sure if I can hack being away
Again, this differs for unis. But Ik York/Sheffield don’t do second year transfer. But a lot of top unis accept this so I think it’s a good idea. Both the unis I asked said they’d need 60% overall with no fails
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Again, this differs for unis. But Ik York/Sheffield don’t do second year transfer. But a lot of top unis accept this so I think it’s a good idea. Both the unis I asked said they’d need 60% overall with no fails
York&Shef are top unis thou?& right u need 60% in first year?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
York&Shef are top unis thou?& right u need 60% in first year?
Yuppp. I don’t mind it coz they’re really good unis so first year transfers okay. I’ve emailed them and that’s what they said
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Yuppp. I don’t mind it coz they’re really good unis so first year transfers okay. I’ve emailed them and that’s what they said
so they do accept first year transfers?do u meet the a level entry requirements?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
so they do accept first year transfers?do u meet the a level entry requirements?
They accept first year even though I’m far of the entry requirements. They’ll give you a place depending on your old unis first year performance , if you know what I mean
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
They accept first year even though I’m far of the entry requirements. They’ll give you a place depending on your old unis first year performance , if you know what I mean
Ohhh I understand did u say all top unis are like this?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ohhh I understand did u say all top unis are like this?
Not like oxford, UCL etc. But unis like Birmingham, York and even KCL. It just depends on the course but they usually allow it with high results. I’ve researched a lot coz of I got crap a levels and want to change unis next year too 😂
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Not like oxford, UCL etc. But unis like Birmingham, York and even KCL. It just depends on the course but they usually allow it with high results. I’ve researched a lot coz of I got crap a levels and want to change unis next year too 😂
Omgggg Birmingham!do they accept first year transfers if u obtain a high grade at the end of year 1?it was my firm(uob) but didn't get the grades & law is my course & looool were in the same boat
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For each University you will have to contact the individual Uni - there is no consistent policy on this.

It will depend on course/subject, compatibility of units, your grades, their overall policy and availability of places.

Some Unis may allow you to transfer into Year 2. Others may insist you repeat Year 1.

The only way you'll find this out is by contacting the 'new' University.
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Omgggg Birmingham!do they accept first year transfers if u obtain a high grade at the end of year 1?it was my firm(uob) but didn't get the grades & law is my course & looool were in the same boat
Yeah just email them about your course and they’ll let you know. I wanted to do business but they don’t accept business transfers, but they may do for law
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Yeah just email them about your course and they’ll let you know. I wanted to do business but they don’t accept business transfers, but they may do for law
will do, thanks so much for ur help.
How come u didn't think of retaking?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
will do, thanks so much for ur help.
How come u didn't think of retaking?
It’s alright.
I didn’t wanna retake coz I absolutely hated my subjects and didn’t wanna go through another year😂 this was Computer Science and Maths. What about you?
makeup
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
It’s alright.
I didn’t wanna retake coz I absolutely hated my subjects and didn’t wanna go through another year😂 this was Computer Science and Maths. What about you?
I didn't hate my subjects(minus English lit) but generally across all 3 subjects the papers were acc quite easy-so I thought if I couldn't perform well with easy papers I won't be able to do it with harder papers & personally I thought I gave a levels my all & people retake cos they think they can do better but I don't think that's the case with me. My gut feeling was to not retake & it might cost me but I have hope & faith in god that everything will turn out ok & hopefully my first year grade is high so I can transfer to uob or uni of Leicester
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't hate my subjects(minus English lit) but generally across all 3 subjects the papers were acc quite easy-so I thought if I couldn't perform well with easy papers I won't be able to do it with harder papers & personally I thought I gave a levels my all & people retake cos they think they can do better but I don't think that's the case with me. My gut feeling was to not retake & it might cost me but I have hope & faith in god that everything will turn out ok & hopefully my first year grade is high so I can transfer to uob or uni of Leicester
Hopefully. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads