Silverwater's First Year at Leicester

Watch
SilverWater
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiiii, welcome to my GYG. Currently typing this up on my 2 or so hour car journey to Leicester with alll my stuff. Im basically in the upright fetal position in the back of my car as I am typing this😂

I'll rework the start of this gyg properly at some point in the near future.

Background information :

Here is a link to my previous GYG :

But in short, Got BCC + a B in the EPQ and wanted to go to Newcastle. I missed my offer and decided to resit all 3 linear ALs on gap year. I got BBC last August and missed out on my place to study economics and management at Leeds by a few marks again 🙃

I was offered an alternative course ie environmental sciences at Leeds but the course didn't really interest me so I went through Clearing and now Im headed to Leicester.

This is not quite what I wanted as you could tell based off my previous GYG and I am still abit hurt by it tbh. BUT,Im hoping I'll like Leicester and yeah.... This be my first EVER time seeing Leicester and. I will now be living here for 3-4 years lol

Ik the first year doesn't count towards my degree but I really do wanna do well this year. I am aiming for a 2:1 in the first year especially since I need something to show I am actually somewhat academic and I can then land a placement.

The updates will most likely be on a monthly basis and I guess pretty sporadic at times.

Im excited to see where this goes I guess but I am pretty nervous too!

I
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SilverWater)
Hiiii, welcome to my GYG. Currently typing this up on my 2 or so hour car journey to Leicester with alll my stuff. Im basically in the upright fetal position in the back of my car as I am typing this😂

I'll rework the start of this gyg properly at some point in the near future.

Background information :

Here is a link to my previous GYG :

But in short, Got BCC + a B in the EPQ and wanted to go to Newcastle. I missed my offer and decided to resit all 3 linear ALs on gap year. I got BBC last August and missed out on my place to study economics and management at Leeds by a few marks again 🙃

I was offered an alternative course ie environmental sciences at Leeds but the course didn't really interest me so I went through Clearing and now Im headed to Leicester.

This is not quite what I wanted as you could tell based off my previous GYG and I am still abit hurt by it tbh. BUT,Im hoping I'll like Leicester and yeah.... This be my first EVER time seeing Leicester and. I will now be living here for 3-4 years lol

Ik the first year doesn't count towards my degree but I really do wanna do well this year. I am aiming for a 2:1 in the first year especially since I need something to show I am actually somewhat academic and I can then land a placement.

The updates will most likely be on a monthly basis and I guess pretty sporadic at times.

Im excited to see where this goes I guess but I am pretty nervous too!

I
Just posting to subscribe to this blog! Good luck at Leicester!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
18.18%
I'm not sure (2)
3.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (16)
29.09%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.64%
I'm not a current university student (25)
45.45%

Watched Threads