Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was hit by a BMW whilst cycling along to school when I was in year 8; I performed several acrobatic feats I've never been able to reproduce and landed in the road FACE first...One side of my face was completely covered in blood and several children who saw me and went to school reported I'd been killed The funniest thing was that when I got to the hospital and the doctor asked me what I fell on, I said the road hehe and so he sadi I was alright....Shame of it was that I was going on Holiday two days later so I eneded up in the utter sun wearing a newck collar and with the biggest scabby face wound ever...Cool thing was that the sun seemed to make it heal/do its thing a lot quicker and by the second week I was all pretty again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard)
    2) Outward Bound...you have to dig ur own toilet right, and if u needed to go, u took the spade 'doug' with u as the engaged sign...well the school teacher that came with us forgot :rolleyes: a friend needed to go and since i had helped dig the dunny, i grabbed Doug and we both trotted into the bushes...'it's over there' i pointed and to my complete horror and embarrassment, the teacher was squatting and trying to manoever himself behind some shrub shouting ' i think it's engaged!' HAHAH..still scarred for life
    That one made me laugh out loud literally.

My mates are all at Outward Bound just now....they've not mentioned anything about having to dig their own toilet. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ~hahha..still makes me laugh when i think about it

well we were in the Aussie bush for our course and the comforts of civilisation were completely unheard of as far as the two annoying instructors were concerned :rolleyes: AND they kept saying how it was a non-profit organisation and to this day, i wonder why we had to pay bloody $600 to go :rolleyes: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yest went shopping and saw this toddler on a leash :eek: around his waist and father tugging him along!
    We had to do that to my cousin when he was 2. He wouldn't sit in a stroller-- he'd scream and struggle tirelessly. He wouldn't hold your hand and if you let go he'd bolt. It wasn't feasible to take him shopping without a leash because he is slightly autistic so he was slightly in his own world and would disappear or wouldn't listen to us when we called him back. It was safer for him and peace of mind for us to have him on a leash. But I felt horrible walking with him like that because sometimes he'd throw himself down and have a tantrum so we had a lot of attention drawn to us.

ReputationRep:
    ~poor child i guess under those circumstances it's necessary...i've seen it a couple of times before but i think it was the way the boy;s father was tugging him along and his son trotting behind looked like he was taking his dog for a walk :eek:
    How is your cousin doing now?
    leopard

ReputationRep:
    ~poor child i guess under those circumstances it's necessary...i've seen it a couple of times before but i think it was the way the boy;s father was tugging him along and his son trotting behind looked like he was taking his dog for a walk :eek:
    How is your cousin doing now?
    leopard
    He's 12 now and more or less normal just a bit socially off. Very intelligent and charming kid-- love him to pieces. Thanks for asking .

ReputationRep:
    I was working in Siberia and had an ingrown toenail, so I went to the hospital to have it worked on. When they took me into the operating room (it was tiny) I saw this guy on the operating table- I just walked right in- they were doing something to his leg and there was blood everywhere and the guy was in obvious pain. The whole room smelled like blood and guts and disenfectant. Like somone had sprayed some aersol can trying to cover the smell. They eventually lifted the guy onto a stretcher and as they did all this blood was running down his foot and onto the floor. They then got a rag and wipped up all the blood and sprayed the smell good can and then had me lay down on the table. When they started the surgery (no pain killers) the guy who went with me passed out, so they had to revive him before they could continue. One of the most painful experiences of my life, but right out of a Russian novel, so maybe it was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I was at a motorcross event 20 min from my town watching a 450cc race when one person pulled a jump and bailed off his bike face first into the dirt from 20 feet in the air. Everyone in the crowd had thought the worse. We then saw him move his legs and a flood of people rushed over to see if he was ok. I still to this day say it was a miracle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    I was working in Siberia and had an ingrown toenail, so I went to the hospital to have it worked on. When they took me into the operating room (it was tiny) I saw this guy on the operating table- I just walked right in- they were doing something to his leg and there was blood everywhere and the guy was in obvious pain. The whole room smelled like blood and guts and disenfectant. Like somone had sprayed some aersol can trying to cover the smell. They eventually lifted the guy onto a stretcher and as they did all this blood was running down his foot and onto the floor. They then got a rag and wipped up all the blood and sprayed the smell good can and then had me lay down on the table. When they started the surgery (no pain killers) the guy who went with me passed out, so they had to revive him before they could continue. One of the most painful experiences of my life, but right out of a Russian novel, so maybe it was worth it.
    ~ :eek: :eek: poor baby! i was holding my breath the whole time i read that can't stand it when they have those operation/RPA shows on and the camera ZOOMS into open heart/or any part of the body with flesh and blood everywhere! lucky u didn't get an infection from the unhygenic conditions!

ReputationRep:
    ~a bit of the topic, but i read somewhere that in some (very unfortunate and rare) cases people have woken up in the middle of surgery cos the anaesthetic dose wasn't enough of sthg..so they're paralysed on the operating table and have to endure the excruciating pain :eek: *makes me feel sick just thinkin bout it!* but i guess they'd pass out eventually, but still a v traumatic thing to have to experience!!

ReputationRep:
    ~a bit of the topic, but i read somewhere that in some (very unfortunate and rare) cases people have woken up in the middle of surgery cos the anaesthetic dose wasn't enough of sthg..so they're paralysed on the operating table and have to endure the excruciating pain :eek: *makes me feel sick just thinkin bout it!* but i guess they'd pass out eventually, but still a v traumatic thing to have to experience!!
    I've heard that too but sometimes it's because the anesthesiologist is stealing the medicine and giving patients smaller doses. There was some huge law suit where I'm from a few years back for this reason. The woman was awake the whole time and could recite the comments the surgeons made about her breasts and detailed the surgery- knowledge she probably wouldn't have known unless she was a surgeon herself, so she won.

ReputationRep:
    ~what?! :eek: they just continued with the procedure??!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.