Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For some of my modules they say we should have certain textbooks. Just wondering if it’s essential to have them? They’re really expensive, like £50 for one bloody textbook!!! I ain’t paying that much. I’ve tried looking for 2nd hand ones but can’t find any. Anyone know where you can get cheap textbooks? I’m studying Business Management, thanks.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Library ftw
rac1977
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried looking on Amazon or eBay for secondhand books?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by rac1977)
Have you tried looking on Amazon or eBay for secondhand books?
Yes. I’ve tried looking in uni groups to see if 2nd years have any and haven’t found any.
Matt14451
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For some of my modules they say we should have certain textbooks. Just wondering if it’s essential to have them? They’re really expensive, like £50 for one bloody textbook!!! I ain’t paying that much. I’ve tried looking for 2nd hand ones but can’t find any. Anyone know where you can get cheap textbooks? I’m studying Business Management, thanks.
I'm business management 2nd year. Bought one textbook in first term but used Summon or other websites for rest.
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m also studying Business management and was told by my uni to either use the library or they have a page specifically for people selling textbooks(I’ve never actually found this though)
Jateebasheer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can check online if there are free pdfs or ebook versions you can download
hannahhubbardd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
depop usually have second hand books, maybe ebay, even if u just google second hand textbooks some results will come up x
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depending on the course some expenditure on textbooks is a necessity at university. IS this really a surprise to anyone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (558)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads