This discussion is closed.
nhillary10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am year 3 biomedical sciences student and I have just taken my ucat score. I scored quite badly - 2290.
VR: 510
DM: 530
QR: 640
AR: 610
SJT: Band 3

Predicted 2:1 honours & 3Bs in A-level (Biology/Chemistry/Maths) & 5A*s, 5As

Do I have a chance to apply to any medical schools for 2020?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nhillary10)
I am year 3 biomedical sciences student and I have just taken my ucat score. I scored quite badly - 2290.

Post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5622970 which is the thread created for questions like these, this is so you get a faster reply by the experienced posters and also for future posters who may have similar stats to you.

Also, consider doing the BMAT.
Med3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try and enter yourself for the BMAT id say
davidthomasjnr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nhillary10)

I would also recommend taking the BMAT. You could also sit the GAMSAT in March for 2021 entry. This would take less pressure off if you get no places for 2020 entry. Provided you got a good score, you would know well in advance if you are likely to get an interview for 2021 entry. Also if you felt your GAMSAT grade wasn't perfect but could be improved, you could resit it in September 2021.

You could potentially apply to undergraduate programmes with your score for 2020 entry, but it might be better to resit UCAT next year as the score is a bit low. This would also give you time to work and save if you wanted to apply to undergraduate medical programmes. Taking all of these entrance exams might sound like a lot of effort, but would improve your test-taking ability for UCAT if you needed to resit it.

I hope this helps!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads