Charlie_Chan47
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know many people say to use practice questions and mark or. But how do I actually remember the information? Do I just look over the questions and keep remembering them ?
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just keep practising them, once you do a certain topic a few times you'll eventually get to a question in an exam and think "oh, this is just like question X I practised a while ago"
salsazza
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There’s a reason as to why they say practice questions. It exercises your brain and in doing so it would be easier to remember if you repeat similar questions. Simply looking over them won’t help at all! I’m doing A level Maths and it’s all about understanding and most importantly putting that understanding into use
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlie_Chan47)
I know many people say to use practice questions and mark or. But how do I actually remember the information? Do I just look over the questions and keep remembering them ?
If you're finding that you're not retaining anything after doing lots of questions then it could be because you're not really understanding what you're doing and just following a certain method. Otherwise you just need to do lots of questions and your brain will do the rest of the work!
Charlie_Chan47
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you everyone for your replies 😊
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely have a look at maths genie if you can. It’s a free online website that’s full of downloadable worksheets ranging from grade 1 to grade 9 tasks. It also has the mark scheme to every worksheet with it being explained, rather than just having a list of answers - Which might make more sense to you and therefore help.

You could always make small mind maps with the information you need, to see if it will help you learn the content easily or easier? For example, a mind map on all the different types of angles would be a good idea.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I remember practicing enough questions so that when you come to the exam and you come across a question, you can think, ah okay this is what I need to do, and then you relate it to a previous similar question that you did.
lhabgabdgbfa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlie_Chan47)
there isn't much info to remember, but id recommend doing questions on each topic, after you understand how to answer them, try harder questions in past papers+sample papers+specimen papers, once you get good at those, try the grade 8-9 cgp book ( there are nice questions on them), once you finish them, search up "grade 9 maths questions" on google and you can find hard questions on bunch of different website including tar. If you finis all of that, try doing questions from the senior and intermediate maths challenge ( especially the last few).
casabonita
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do a practice question on each topic, and annotate each step you take in a different colour. Then you can base all your other questions on this information, and keep methods to look at in the future! Also write down certain theories and facts you've got to remember, such as the quadratic formula.
thisismike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi charlie, there are lots of ways of remembering information given to you, but he the most effective proven way of remembering questions is to understand what it's saying and to understand what the question is asking you to do. In most exams, you will find that you get different questions and some questions will be repeated in some practise papers. It's not about specifically remembering questions but understanding the types of questions given.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads