Is it a good idea to take Maths A level and English Literature A level together

Watch
AhmedF07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I have just started AS Level and I currently take three A Levels: English Literature, History and Psychology (which I switched to from Politics) and I'm enjoying the combination, apart from History. Is it a good idea to take Maths A level and English Literature A level together?

I have been considering switching History for Maths A Level and I'm wondering whether TSR thinks it would be a good idea to take Maths, English Lit and Psychology together, and whether they are a viable combination. I would really like to take English Literature as it's something I've always enjoyed and I believe I'm quite good at it. Similarly, Maths is something I quite enjoyed, and I would like to retain the skill.

In the future I am looking to apply to a top University, such as Cambridge or Oxford, though I am rather indecisive as to what I would like to do, but I'm thinking of going into Law or Psychology.

For reference, at GCSE I achieved:

9 in English Language
8 in English Literature
8 at Maths (remarking because I was a few marks off a 9)
98 in Combined Science
Last edited by AhmedF07; 1 year ago
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AhmedF07)
Hello, I have just started AS Level and I currently take three A Levels: English Literature, History and Psychology (which I switched to from Politics) and I'm enjoying the combination, apart from History. Is it a good idea to take Maths A level and English Literature A level together?I have been considering switching History for Maths A Level and I'm wondering whether TSR thinks it would be a good idea to take Maths, English Lit and Psychology together, and whether they are a viable combination. I would really like to take English Literature as it's something I've always enjoyed and I believe I'm quite good at it. Similarly, Maths is something I quite enjoyed, and I would like to retain the skill. In the future I would be looking to applying to a top University, such as Cambridge or Oxford, though I am rather indecisive as to what I would like to do, but I'm thinking of going into Law or Psychology.For reference, at GCSE I achieved:9 in English Language8 in English Literature8 at Maths (remarking because I was a few marks off a 9)98 in Combined Science
Yes those subjects are a good combination - make sure you take the subjects you like so if you don't like history then don't do it. There's also the option of taking 4 A Levels now and then deciding to drop one later when you've made up your mind about your uni course.

Of course you'll need to catch up with the maths you've missed so far but if you were a few marks off a 9 then it sounds like you have a strong foundation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (13)
54.17%
No (9)
37.5%
I don't know (2)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed