The Student Room Group

Pharmacy with Foundation Year

I'm interested in studying Pharmacy with FY and im a bit stuck on how to relate my subjects to Pharmacy on my personal statement. I currently study BTEC health and social care and A level Sociology

Any tips ?
Health and social care:
1. Allowed you to grasp a deeper understanding of the importance of patient care, empathy and empowerment - this is something that’s not offered in typical A-level subjects such as biology/chemistry etc

2. Certain units will have provided you with some foundation/core knowledge of topics taught in pharmacy e.g (pick a sciencey/biology subject to relate)

Sociology:
1. Healthcare is and should be a right, not everyone has effective access to it. There’s many socio-economic/lifestyle factors which affect health and these are often over looked when evaluating/assessing people with ill health etc. Talk about the different models of health; social/medical. and once again mention studying these subjects has offered you a unique insight into patient care etc.

Source: Pharmacy student
Reply 2
Original post by sammyj97
Health and social care:
1. Allowed you to grasp a deeper understanding of the importance of patient care, empathy and empowerment - this is something that’s not offered in typical A-level subjects such as biology/chemistry etc

2. Certain units will have provided you with some foundation/core knowledge of topics taught in pharmacy e.g (pick a sciencey/biology subject to relate)

Sociology:
1. Healthcare is and should be a right, not everyone has effective access to it. There’s many socio-economic/lifestyle factors which affect health and these are often over looked when evaluating/assessing people with ill health etc. Talk about the different models of health; social/medical. and once again mention studying these subjects has offered you a unique insight into patient care etc.

Source: Pharmacy student

Thank you so much :smile: this is so helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending