Unifredhman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I was involved in a very small bump today. I was waiting in my stationery car waiting to turn right at a junction, indicating!

A car went into the back of me at a very very low speed. It has caused a couple of light scratches in my bumper and slightly pushed it out of alignment which I can push back in. He has admitted fault and was lovely. He said his clutch jamed.

I have contacted my insurance firm and they have already arranged a garage for me to get it looked at. His insurance has now rang me asking to use their garage. What is the usual practice who do I use? Mine says they can recover costs.

Also I do feel a bit guilty as there really is only a couple of very small scratch and I pushed the bumper back on. I'm more worried that a fixing behind the bumper could be damaged. Hopefully the garage won't just laugh, looking at it you would bearly know I have been rear ended.

Also although I was fine after my neck and back are starting to feel a little stiff, surly it can't be an injury, the speed was probably below ten miles an hour!
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lmao I’d set up a claim and get my money 😂

(Jk 👀)
Unifredhman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by OR321)
Lmao I’d set up a claim and get my money 😂

(Jk 👀)
Haha, I would rather keep it honest!
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Unifredhman)
So I was involved in a very small bump today. I was waiting in my stationery car waiting to turn right at a junction, indicating!

A car went into the back of me at a very very low speed. It has caused a couple of light scratches in my bumper and slightly pushed it out of alignment which I can push back in. He has admitted fault and was lovely. He said his clutch jamed.

I have contacted my insurance firm and they have already arranged a garage for me to get it looked at. His insurance has now rang me asking to use their garage. What is the usual practice who do I use? Mine says they can recover costs.
I would suggest that you contact your insurers, tell them that the other insurance company has been in contact with you and tell them what they (the other insurer) said. Ask your insurers what you should do.

My gut feeling is that the other driver's insurers shouldn't be talking to you -- they should be talking to your insurance company,
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your insurers will decide where the work gets done and will then make a claim for the costs from the other persons insurers. They are unlikely to accept the suggestion from the other insurers as they will be looking to get the work done as cheaply as possible not as good as possible.
username4929556
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Unifredhman)
His insurance has now rang me asking to use their garage. What is the usual practice who do I use? Mine says they can recover costs.

Also I do feel a bit guilty as there really is only a couple of very small scratch and I pushed the bumper back on.
Did you get their insurance details? How do you know the person contacting you was their insurance? Why would their insurance co. contact you? Souds dodgy to me, and I wouldn't consider going to any garage other than where your insurance co tells you to go....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (78)
14.08%
I'm not sure (24)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
31.95%
I have already dropped out (11)
1.99%
I'm not a current university student (264)
47.65%

Watched Threads