Can't remember Extended Project title for UCAS!

Watch
KFS64
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I can't remember the topic I wrote my Extended Project on and can't seem to find my old files on it, I remember roughly it was on a war (I did it years ago), will it matter if the name isn't accurate on UCAS? Do exam boards keep track of what I wrote for the subject for my EPQ cause I don't recall what it was on and I don't want it to be considered fraud on my application if it's not accurate. I have no idea what to put down for the 'subject' section on the Extended Project details. All I have is an AQA certification with Extended Project written on it and the grade.
Lostx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t worry, mine was too long to fit. Just make up a title to encompass the project.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KFS64)
I can't remember the topic I wrote my Extended Project on and can't seem to find my old files on it, I remember roughly it was on a war (I did it years ago), will it matter if the name isn't accurate on UCAS? Do exam boards keep track of what I wrote for the subject for my EPQ cause I don't recall what it was on and I don't want it to be considered fraud on my application if it's not accurate. I have no idea what to put down for the 'subject' section on the Extended Project details. All I have is an AQA certification with Extended Project written on it and the grade.
Just put the school subject of the teacher who supervised the project in the Subject box. If you want to talk about the EPQ in the personal statement, just say something erudite about how the project opened up new avenues of learning, outside the routines of the syllabus. There is no way your topic will be cross-referenced to some AQA database, so your recollection re the topic doesn't necessarily have to be 100% accurate.

Remember, if you get an interview somewhere you might need to talk about what you put in the personal statement.
KFS64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lostx)
Don’t worry, mine was too long to fit. Just make up a title to encompass the project.
Thank you!
KFS64
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Just put the school subject of the teacher who supervised the project in the Subject box. If you want to talk about the EPQ in the personal statement, just say something erudite about how the project opened up new avenues of learning, outside the routines of the syllabus. There is no way your topic will be cross-referenced to some AQA database, so your recollection re the topic doesn't necessarily have to be 100% accurate.

Remember, if you get an interview somewhere you might need to talk about what you put in the personal statement.
Our supervisor was a chemistry technician so not even a teacher she just brought the equipment needed for practicals, I have no clue how she managed to supervise us but I have to add EPQ as a qualification separate to it being on my personal statement and it requires a 'subject' heading and all I know is that it was on a war, completely unrelated to chemistry haha. Thanks for your help
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KFS64)
Our supervisor was a chemistry technician so not even a teacher
Curious! Who knew lab technicians could be so adaptable? For Subject, I would still put the area of study (i.e. the subject), rather than the exact title, though.

Name:  epq snip.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  22.5 KB
KFS64
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Curious! Who knew lab technicians could be so adaptable? For Subject, I would still put the area of study (i.e. the subject), rather than the exact title, though.

Name:  epq snip.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  22.5 KB
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads