The Student Room Group

GCSEs

Please please tell me the truth- are these grades any good? Im especially dissapointed with my Maths GCSE.
I got-
6- 8s/7s
4- 6s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrbabyface
Please please tell me the truth- are these grades any good? Im especially dissapointed with my Maths GCSE.
I got-
6- 8s/7s
4- 6s

these are absolutely amazing, well done !! what are you planning to do as a career?
Reply 2
Are they really- I feel stupid. I do suffer from low self esteem. I really want to study biochemistry at uni and become a clinical scientist, i feel like im aiming too high now.
Are they really- I feel stupid. I do suffer from low self esteem. I really want to study biochemistry at uni and become a clinical scientist, i feel like im aiming too high now.

They’re good but I’m guessing biochemistry may require a high GCSE maths and science grades? You could resit if you don’t meet the requirement though
Reply 4
Original post by S.carter
They’re good but I’m guessing biochemistry may require a high GCSE maths and science grades? You could resit if you don’t meet the requirement though

I am resitting maths in novemeber hopefully ill get a 7. I got an 8 in chem and bio and a 7 in physics.
Reply 5
they actually ask for a 4 in english and maths
they actually ask for a 4 in english and maths

I am resitting maths in novemeber hopefully ill get a 7. I got an 8 in chem and bio and a 7 in physics.

Well if they want a 4 then fair enough
Ok, so good science grades :smile:
I’d advise doing some research into a few courses you think u could b interested in, but I’m guessing your grades are fine. A levels are more important anyway
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
more emphasis is put on alevels- just worried about competitivity. i contacted Birmingham uni and they said i would likely get a place
Reply 8
i dunno, im just worried theyre not good
they pretty good imo, obviously some people would be pretty disappointed, so I get where you're coming from, but compared to an average person, those grades are extremely good
Reply 10
So you’re just flexing on us? Is this a joke? Those levels are excellent so this is just a kick in the teeth to us thick people 😂 well done 👍
Original post by biggyK
So you’re just flexing on us? Is this a joke? Those levels are excellent so this is just a kick in the teeth to us thick people 😂 well done 👍

I know im being pathetic- im really not fishing for compliments here. i can see what you mean though. just i dunno i cant realise how good they are

I think ive spoken to you before, did you make a similar thread a few weeks ago?
Original post by adviceisallineed
I think ive spoken to you before, did you make a similar thread a few weeks ago?

Yeah I did, still feeling pretty low about it. its driving me crazy. im exhausted, its all i think about now
Yeah I did, still feeling pretty low about it. its driving me crazy. im exhausted, its all i think about now

it's totally fine to feel that way, but honestly your grades are amazing :smile: what unis are you considering, so you can a have a look at their entry requirements and what a levels do you do
I do Chemistry, Biology and psychology. Hoping to get to manchester or birmingham
it’ll be fine to apply to a biochemistry course at most universities, even study medicine at St Georges, University of London (they require lower grades).
I do Chemistry, Biology and psychology. Hoping to get to manchester or birmingham

i'll have a look at their entry requirements and let you know
Original post by adviceisallineed
i'll have a look at their entry requirements and let you know

Biochemistry
Biochemistry

so for Manchester uni your gcses are totally fine, here's what it says about a levels

We require grades AAA-ABB, including Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics and Maths (the Hard Sciences). You must have a minimum of grades AB in at least two Hard Sciences and pass the practical assessments in these subjects.

If your grades are AAB or higher, we will accept a grade A in Geography, Psychology, Environmental Studies or PE in place of the second Hard Science. Subjects with overlapping content are not normally considered as separate A-levels, eg Further Maths is not considered alongside Maths and Human Biology is not considered alongside Biology.

i'll have a look at Birmingham in a bit, my phone is about to die

Quick Reply

Latest