The Student Room Group

harsh supervisor

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dan1011
I already emailed twice last week so I'm not going to message again.

Well, okay then. I hope that when you do get feedback that you appreciate where it's coming from, and are able to resubmit your thesis. I don't think there's much more that us TSR users can advise you on, otherwise we risk going round in circles. Good luck to you.
You can ask for a second marker. If the two markers award different grades then it’s up to a third marker. That’s how it works at my uni. Good luck 😉
Reply 22
just an update about this supervisor, I have discovered that 3 phD students did not manage to complete their phD because of her behaviour. She made it very unpleasant experience recently. A Staff member told me she is actually very toxic individual and very smart. so She always wins arguments.
I have put now 20 Times the effort and submitted a resit that is perfect... 3 weeks today still waiting the results but no news at all.
Reply 23
Original post by Welshvisitor
You can ask for a second marker. If the two markers award different grades then it’s up to a third marker. That’s how it works at my uni. Good luck 😉

The issue is not here, my work was bad because she was making me repeat the same procedures every week. I wasn't learning I was repeating and this was eating a lot of my time during the project. I have sent a complaint about this and now just waiting
Reply 24
For all those who were defending this supervisor, I'm here a year later to give an update.

I have had a meeting with her so I can resit my des. She gave me list of everything that needing corrected so I went home and did it all with a help of a post doc student in science. We did all the corrections together, and then I got it proof read by 4 people.

Then the results? I have recieved the exact same mark as the first fail. She discovered new errors.

She also failed me on the laboratory part and refused to say why. I formally requested to know and until now no reason or reply given.

I also met one of her phD students and I asked him/her how did you get on? And he/she said "I've been looking for a solicitor for a while" so you can see she's taking the piss of everyone and going out of control.

I admit I'm not that perfect students who get highest grades. However I expected at least to pass having made all the changes she asked for and made this effort.
This is a perfect example of why some hate academia. She does not know what she is doing yet is still cocky enough to speak as if she is superior. I am so fortunate to have had amazing supervisors in my uni experience, so I'm really sorry to hear about yours...
Reply 26
Original post by Secretariat123
This is a perfect example of why some hate academia. She does not know what she is doing yet is still cocky enough to speak as if she is superior. I am so fortunate to have had amazing supervisors in my uni experience, so I'm really sorry to hear about yours...

Thank you. She is just a very malicious individual who fail students just for power and control. I think when she harm others, this gives her some sort of satisfaction she craves for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending