urgent self esteem boost Watch

maniccrammer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel so inadequate and worthless compared w everyone else atm, my mental health is really suffering and I have no self esteem which is causing me a lot of issues at college and at home - I’m becoming really insecure in my friendships and I’m convinced they’re all gonna leave me and so I’m distancing myself it’s this whole cycle, anyway does anyone know any good ways to start boosting self esteem??
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maniccrammer)
I feel so inadequate and worthless compared w everyone else atm, my mental health is really suffering and I have no self esteem which is causing me a lot of issues at college and at home - I’m becoming really insecure in my friendships and I’m convinced they’re all gonna leave me and so I’m distancing myself it’s this whole cycle, anyway does anyone know any good ways to start boosting self esteem??
Hey buddy:

Things can be tough, and we all go through times of feeling low and finding things hard. Especially when there are problems going wrong at home/school.

My honest advice is speak to someone in person - a professional may be needed. But a trusted friend or teacher can be just as effective Speaking online is nowhere near as effective. If you are finding it hard, maybe write something down (pen to paper) and share that with someone. Talk to people.

Take some time out for yourself. Go for a walk. Think through those negative thoughts - friends aren't going to leave you. They are you friends for a reason.

Good luck and if I can help just hit my PM
maniccrammer
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
Hey buddy:

Things can be tough, and we all go through times of feeling low and finding things hard. Especially when there are problems going wrong at home/school.

My honest advice is speak to someone in person - a professional may be needed. But a trusted friend or teacher can be just as effective Speaking online is nowhere near as effective. If you are finding it hard, maybe write something down (pen to paper) and share that with someone. Talk to people.

Take some time out for yourself. Go for a walk. Think through those negative thoughts - friends aren't going to leave you. They are you friends for a reason.

Good luck and if I can help just hit my PM
Hey, thank you so much. I’ve just started a levels and I think the sudden change has really hit me hard, appreciate your reply 😊
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maniccrammer)
Hey, thank you so much. I’ve just started a levels and I think the sudden change has really hit me hard, appreciate your reply 😊
at that time I found things hard too
maniccrammer
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
at that time I found things hard too
My best friend keeps asking me to go see the counsellor at college but I don’t want to, although I know without any kind of help I won’t improve and I can’t really complain about still feeling awful if I don’t do anything about it, what do you think?? Ik it’s my decision ultimately but my brain can’t ever just make a choice there’s always counter arguments and then further counter arguments and it spirals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads