?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone applying?
unexpecteduk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am but wondering if they look at GCSE requirements if you miss a grade by (1) like 6 in maths but need (7)
but get the correct a-level grades
Mckailer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone applying through the RFE scheme? Also, when do applications open?
Paolo3100
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes
username4978660
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm thinking of applying but wondering how much they factor in GCSE's as I have two 6's but the rest are 7's and 8's. Also, I emailed them and they stated you also have to meet the BMAT entry requirements. I really want to apply but I'm nervous as last year 40% of applicants had all 9's at GCSE.
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by r22002020)
I'm thinking of applying but wondering how much they factor in GCSE's as I have two 6's but the rest are 7's and 8's. Also, I emailed them and they stated you also have to meet the BMAT entry requirements. I really want to apply but I'm nervous as last year 40% of applicants had all 9's at GCSE.
I do know that that they take GCSE's into account as they do score them as well as BMAT and then come up with a cut-off score for interviews. However, they might consider the access to Leeds applications separately but I'm not too sure, thats probably something you might want to email them about. But aside from that your GCSE's sound great and I wouldn't worry too much about them.
sufyahmed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by unexpecteduk)
I am but wondering if they look at GCSE requirements if you miss a grade by (1) like 6 in maths but need (7)
but get the correct a-level grades
What are you applying for?
sufyahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mckailer)
Is anyone applying through the RFE scheme? Also, when do applications open?
what is that?
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sufyahmed)
what is that?
Reach for Excellence is a programme run by Leeds uni for Y12 students, which allows you to go to many taster days, workshops and attend a summer school but also makes you automatically eligible for Access to Leeds.
sufyahmed
Rep:
?
Reach for Excellence is a programme run by Leeds uni for Y12 students, which allows you to go to many taster days, workshops and attend a summer school but also makes you automatically eligible for Access to Leeds.
Wow wish I found out about it before and had the opportunity to do it
mg989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
has anyone who has sent their Access to Leeds application had confirmation of their eligibility yet?? sent mine early last week still not heard anything
sufyahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg989)
has anyone who has sent their Access to Leeds application had confirmation of their eligibility yet?? sent mine early last week still not heard anything
Nope not heard anything yet in the confirmation email they said it would take a week to determine eligibility and its been longer than a week.
arialll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am and I asked them if they would consider me even if I got a grade 4 in maths GCSEs and they said no and that I should retake it to be considered.
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mg989)
Heard back a few days ago, confirming my eligibility. Have you heard back yet?
Reversed Flash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heard back a few days ago, confirming my eligibility. Have you heard back yet?
For references and "Why you think you are eligible for Access to Leeds" what did you put?
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
For references and "Why you think you are eligible for Access to Leeds" what did you put?
Didn't need a reference as I was on Reach For Excellence.

For the "Why do you think you are eligible for Access to Leeds"
I wrote in a personal statement format (minus the introduction) in which I firstly explained my extenuating circumstances in detail and then just pretty much stated the other criteria I met, e.g. living geographically in an area of low progression, which is pretty self-explanatory. After that I just wrote about why I was applying to Leeds and what I like about their medicine course.

Now, I wrote around 800 words, but after speaking to an advisor from Access to Leeds they said it only really needed to be a paragraph or two long. They also emphasized about writing about "why Leeds".
Hope this helps
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I just received an offer for access to Leeds and a conditional offer, so if I don’t pass the access to Leeds module I can still get in with the normal offer.
Reversed Flash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Didn't need a reference as I was on Reach For Excellence.

For the "Why do you think you are eligible for Access to Leeds"
I wrote in a personal statement format (minus the introduction) in which I firstly explained my extenuating circumstances in detail and then just pretty much stated the other criteria I met, e.g. living geographically in an area of low progression, which is pretty self-explanatory. After that I just wrote about why I was applying to Leeds and what I like about their medicine course.

Now, I wrote around 800 words, but after speaking to an advisor from Access to Leeds they said it only really needed to be a paragraph or two long. They also emphasized about writing about "why Leeds".
Hope this helps
Ayy thank you, good luck with your applications!
AnnaB28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just had confirmation of eligibilty for access to leeds and im super excited!

but not too sure how the A2L module stuff works. do any of you guys know what is involved?
Gooner27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AnnaB28)
just had confirmation of eligibilty for access to leeds and im super excited!

but not too sure how the A2L module stuff works. do any of you guys know what is involved?
Hi, I’m applying for access to Leeds for 2021 entry, how did your access to Leeds assignments go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads