Might miss induction due to illnesss and very stressed. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been very ill these paat few days and I do not think my condition is improving any time soon. Induction for university stsrts Monday and I honestly do not think I will be able to make it. Does it matter?
Will they contact me? It is honestly making me so stressed and making my illness even worse.
Melggggg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry to hear you aren’t well.

Make sure you contact admissions and/ or any contacts you have been given (course tutor?) so they keep your place open. A few students each year simply don’t turn up at all for their place on a course, so it’s important you let them know you still want it. Whilst Clearing is still open they may give your place to someone else if you haven’t enrolled or communicated with them.

Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Melggggg)
Sorry to hear you aren’t well.

Make sure you contact admissions and/ or any contacts you have been given (course tutor?) so they keep your place open. A few students each year simply don’t turn up at all for their place on a course, so it’s important you let them know you still want it. Whilst Clearing is still open they may give your place to someone else if you haven’t enrolled or communicated with them.

Hope you feel better soon.
Sorry I do not think i worded my question properly
This is not abour enrollment o have already done that and got my student card and everything. This is just about induction activities taing place this week. I went monday and it was just a small speech that topk me 1 hour to get to and i was so unwell i could not even understand it and tbh it was somthkng i have heard befoe. I am already officially enrolled. There was no register and it yas made my illness even worse. Shoild i call them up and say I am to illl to come tommorow?
DedicatedWizard
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Best thing to do is to email or call up your student support officer in your department there, explaining your situation. Don't worry about missing the day, focus on your health. It would be much better to feel well enough to attend the lectures!

During my induction week last year, not all the students turned up to the activities. So it's not an uncommon thing. If they need you to attend a certain session and you can't make it, I'm sure they will find a way to reschedule it for you.

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads