Terrified of getting through uni Watch

Jemi01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have anxiety which has naturally been a lot worse since moving into uni. When I get anxious I tend to lose my appetite and sometimes if I force myself to eat I will throw up, which happened today. I'm terrified as to how I'm even going to get it through these next few weeks
.S.K.T.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello there!
(Original post by Jemi01)
I have anxiety which has naturally been a lot worse since moving into uni. When I get anxious I tend to lose my appetite and sometimes if I force myself to eat I will throw up, which happened today. I'm terrified as to how I'm even going to get it through these next few weeks
I am sorry to hear that your anxiety has flared at the moment, but I want to assure you that there is plenty of help and support out there. It may feel a little bit overwhelming knowing who to turn to for help, so I think it might for me to make some suggestions

Firstly, I think going to your GP and letting them know how you are feeling is a good idea. They will have seen many many people who have experienced what you are going through at the moment and they will be able to suggest some things that could help.

Secondly, your university will have a student support or welfare scheme who are often brilliant at providing extra support. I think it would be a really great idea to chat to them. They'll have the time and opportunity to chat to young see what is going on. Also they will be there throughout your time at university for whenever you need them. Again, they will have seen loads of students feeling like this and they will be really experienced at helping people feeling the way you do.

Try and push yourself to see friends and meet new people, granted this will be immensely challenging at the moment. However, with the right help this will get easier and easier. And remember, fall back on your support network, be it school friends or family, even if they are not nearby they will want to know how you are feeling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads