How to change air filter on a 2008 Seat Ibiza? Watch

geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Folks

I own a 2008 model Mark 4 Seat Ibiza and the air filter needs changing. I have no idea of how to do it and there is no mention of it in the manual. I have also looked on Youtube but no success.

Can someone kindly advice?

Thank you.
LeMansClivey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by geek84)
Hi Folks

I own a 2008 model Mark 4 Seat Ibiza and the air filter needs changing. I have no idea of how to do it and there is no mention of it in the manual. I have also looked on Youtube but no success.

Thank you.
Car manufacturers don't include servicing instructions in the car's owner's handbook because they want you to take it back to their franchised dealers to be maintained (you don't have to - any decent garage should have no problem doing routine servicing). The air filter is usually changed as part of a routine service on the car and if the car's been serviced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule in the service booklet, you shouldn't need to replace an air filter unless something weird has happened to the car.

If you want to service your car yourself, the best advice I can give is that you should buy a Haynes manual for it. - That'll cover most of the jobs that can be undertaken by a home / amateur mechanic. Here's a link to the one for the 2008 Seat Ibiza: https://haynes.com/en-gb/seat/ibiza/2002-2008 . I'd recommend getting the physical manual rather than the online one so that you can have it next to you and open at the right page whilst working on your car. If you don't want to wait for delivery, Halfords sell them.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by geek84)
Hi Folks

Thank you.
Unscrew the air box and open it. Remove filter. Replace filter. Close air box and screw it up.
LeMansClivey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Unscrew the air box and open it. Remove filter. Replace filter. Close air box and screw it up.
I'm not sure the OP knows what the air box looks like...and depending on the version, some Ibizas have a huge plastic engine cover fitted that you'd have to remove - the air box is on the underside of it.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeMansClivey)
I'm not sure the OP knows what the air box looks like...and depending on the version, some Ibizas have a huge plastic engine cover fitted that you'd have to remove - the air box is on the underside of it.
Then they should probably leave servicing for someone who knows what they're doing.

If they don't know where their air box is, I doubt they even have any Torx bits for their screwdriver.
geek84
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks folks.

I'll probably ask a mate of mine to do it.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is your engine like this one, with the air box (containing the filter) built into the engine cover?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxzoMepkoS0

If not could you post a photo of the top of your engine?
It should be easy to spot where it is.
geek84
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi Folks

Many thanks for your replies.

I got a friend of mine to sort it out.

Thank You.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads