The Student Room Group

Afp 2020!

New thread for those applying for the AFP 2020.

Where are you all thinking of applying? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAnonymouse
New thread for those applying for the AFP 2020.

Where are you all thinking of applying? :smile:

havent decided yet, how about you?
I think Northern deaneries!
Don't know what decile they look at though!
Reply 3
I’m applying for AFP as a postgrad and I am wondering what people chose for their 10 prize/distinction/merit things?

I have a prize from my senior year of school but that was 2008!

I didn’t win but I was nominated for a student teaching award...which I am quite proud of but dunno if I could include?

Can someone mention some examples of what they put here?

For Presentations I obviously presented my Masters research as part of my degree but I dunno if I should include this or not?

HELP! !

Oriel locked me out and I only got in yesterday so time is TIGHT
I've included pretty much everything I can think of including masters presentations - I doubt it'll harm your application and it definitely might help it. Things I've included are distinction points for exams, any scholarships/bursaries/funding I've got and any presentations even just small uni based ones.
Reply 5
Original post by brikemball
I've included pretty much everything I can think of including masters presentations - I doubt it'll harm your application and it definitely might help it. Things I've included are distinction points for exams, any scholarships/bursaries/funding I've got and any presentations even just small uni based ones.

What do you mean by distinction points for exams? E.g. When I did my MSc we had exams and research papers— would you suggest including that I got distinctions? My overall MSc was a merit (WAH!) because my research was a nightmare...
Original post by eissem
What do you mean by distinction points for exams? E.g. When I did my MSc we had exams and research papers— would you suggest including that I got distinctions? My overall MSc was a merit (WAH!) because my research was a nightmare...

My med school gives a certain proportion of students distinctions in exams but if you have any awards or distinction points from previous degrees I'd include them
Reply 7
My med school gives a certain proportion of students distinctions in exams but if you have any awards or distinction points from previous degrees I'd include them

Lol I’ll have to rely on being an interesting postgrad cause my decile is 8. Just don’t have the memorisation skills for good exam marks.
anyone find where exactly we are uploading the documents for prizes /certificates for AFP etc??

Original post by eissem

Original post by medicalstuff
anyone find where exactly we are uploading the documents for prizes /certificates for AFP etc??

it says in handbook dont need to upload documents

does anyone know what we write in the pubmed column for those which dont have pubmed ID ? I read in handbook can include non-pubmed iD publications too..
Where did you guys apply for? I did Severn and Wales... should hear from Wales by next Friday 🤞🤞
Wales and Severn. I'm not expecting to hear from Severn any time soon but Wales should ne by next Friday! 🤞🤞🤞
Original post by almostDrT
Where did you guys apply for? I did Severn and Wales... should hear from Wales by next Friday 🤞🤞

London and Y&H - should hopefully have some news by the start of next week!
London and Norwich :smile:
Reply 14

Do you know much about AFP in Wales? I applied but no idea how competitive it is?
Hi has anyone applied for Oxford? I was longlisted but not sure what this means. Does anyone know how they longlist and shortlist?
Original post by notasurgeon
London and Y&H - should hopefully have some news by the start of next week!

Fingers crossed!!

Original post by TheAnonymouse
London and Norwich :smile:

London seems so popular! Best of luck :smile:

Original post by He2
Do you know much about AFP in Wales? I applied but no idea how competitive it is?

I think it didn't used to be but now it's just slightly less competitive than Severn. The AFPs are in Swansea, Cardiff and North Wales I think. I only applied for Cardiff.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi has anyone applied for Oxford? I was longlisted but not sure what this means. Does anyone know how they longlist and shortlist?

Congrats! Considering it was so quick it's probs something numerical like EPM or number of pubs/posters/prizes?
Fingers crossed!!

London seems so popular! Best of luck :smile:

I think it didn't used to be but now it's just slightly less competitive than Severn. The AFPs are in Swansea, Cardiff and North Wales I think. I only applied for Cardiff.

thanks - I know. I'll just be happy to get shortlisted 😂
what attracted you to Cardiff?
Just bought a house in Newport and Swansea will be too far! Plus the programmes have paeds :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending