The Student Room Group

Car insurance with CO-OP young drivers

Hi all,

Has anyone insured with co-op young drivers? It’s the cheapest insurance for me by a long shot but the reviews are all over the place, any personal experiences?
Thanks In advance 😊
Reply 1
Original post by islalouise2
Hi all,

Has anyone insured with co-op young drivers? It’s the cheapest insurance for me by a long shot but the reviews are all over the place, any personal experiences?
Thanks In advance 😊

Is it telematics? It certainly sounds like it. Stay away.
Hi all,

Thanks In advance 😊

They're very sensitive and strict. One harsh brake and you can see your score drop quite a bit. Same with acceleration. Try a different insurer, id suggest Direct Line.
Has anyone been charged an extortionate 90 day premium due to there co op young driver smart box ??
Reply 4
Original post by Sam_clark02
Has anyone been charged an extortionate 90 day premium due to there co op young driver smart box ??

I got money back on my 90 day review?
Reply 5
I've been with them in the past, not good, not terrible. I never got a reward after each 90 day period. They got me through my first year, then went with AXA the next year with no telematics :smile:
Go with admiral if you could. I went with insurance the box for my first insurance and it was expensive but the cheapest insurance I could find that was good. It was around £1300 for insurance and came with a black box. The company didn’t mind if yo drive at night and wouldn’t charge you. They record speeding though but I was okay for the first year. Went with admiral for my second year and because I didn’t have accidents and such, my insurance was halved. I didn’t need a black box.
(edited 4 years ago)
I got money back on my 90 day review?

Couple questions,

How much did you pay?
How much did your blackbox score go up for the next review?
How much did you get back?

For an idea my score is 37 on my first 90 day review and im being charged £303 for anyone thinking of insuring with co-op be aware
They were my first insurer.

It's a trap, don't do it.

Spoiler

Quick Reply