Debate. Discuss. Share.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SCAREDYSTUDENT)
Debate. Discuss. Share.
Volunteer yourself. That will spare a few animals.

There are strict ethical protocols to animal testing in this country. If testing can be done on a petri-dish on cells, they would.
jhkt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Destroying an animal to see if something works... barbaric. it’s like doing experiments on humans to see if they cave in.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no and the people who say its not justified and eat meat are hypocrites
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends. School dissection is an example of animal testing I feel is entirely pointless
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do think it’s quite sad but also, where would we be without it? Our medicine would be decades behind but now we have the knowledge to look for alternatives which will also benefit animal lives as they too rely on our medicine
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Society, please try to put your threads in the right section, thanks!
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Debate. Discuss. Share.
For cosmetic or education purposes, mostly no. But I'm not sure where I stand into medical research because I haven't looked into it enough yet
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. You need to test the safety of medicine on something, animals are the best bet in order to keep humans safe.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it’s a necessary evil until the time comes where our computational modelling is sufficiently advanced enough to not require animal testing
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It really depends on the purpose of the research. I'm completely against animal testing for cosmetic purposes & when I buy makeup, hair products, shower gel etc I make sure to go for brands which aren't tested on animals. When it comes to life saving drugs though, I can see the justification for animal testing, I really don't like the idea of it but I think it's probably a necessity until science advances to a point where there's better ways of doing things. I'm mostly pro animal rights & disagree with a lot of the ways animals are treated but I've never been convinced by some of the more hardcore animal rights supporters who go on about 'speciesism' & claim the rights of all species have equal value. When it comes down to it I value human life over that of say a mouse or a rat.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pop9002)
How about we volunteer you if you want to find out if something would you selfish p rick. Humans are really self entitled pieces of s hit.
There you are! I’ve gone veggie
JJJJJAAAAMES
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ask your RE teacher
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Debate. Discuss. Share.
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Spoiler:
Show
BEAR GRYLLS.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What's better - a system that feeds twenty people for a day by killing twenty pigs in horrifically inhumane ways, or a system that saves a hundred thousand people from disease by inflicting pain on twenty mice in extremely well-regulated ways, using anaesthetic wherever practically possible?

This is an unfair and useless comparison; the modern meat industry is an absurdly low bar for determining whether a practice is ethical. But I still think animal testing is hugely worthwhile and moral in the right circumstances.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think medical testing on animals is justified if it's just to bring another brand of the same function onto the market. If it doesn't produce any real benefit to humans. If it hasn't been shown that animal testing would be effective.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.03%
I'm not sure (29)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.1%
I'm not a current university student (295)
47.58%

Watched Threads