Two courses one personal statement ( advice and tips?)

Watch
KeilanPiper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey, I am writing my first drafts for my personal statement and am using the student room tool for that. I am stuff on the questions about why am i choosing this course as I am applying for two courses (electrical engineering and computer science). How do i cater for both of these in my personal statement as they are similar but also have some distinctive differences between the two. Thanks I appreciate help
Andy Ray
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
As for me ,i am applying to AI and Robotics. Obviously, they are more related than that of EE and CS. SO i just revised the key word from 'AI' to 'Robotics'. My suggestion is, some parts can remain unchanged, e.g. self-introduction, academic experience, extracurricular activities. What you should tailor-make are your career goals, what you like about this major (and blend it into your academic experience organically as well as logically) and your outlook about this major. It also depends on how you structure your paper of course. Hope I can help.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They are quite different and they are pretty common courses. A PS for more than one course only works when there is significant overlap and you talk about those areas and why they are interesting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads