The Student Room Group

Struggling With PCOS.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x_716
Now do you ACTUALLY have cysts present on your ovaries? Because I got an ultrasound through my gyno and everything apparently looked normal...

And I'm the opposite of you then! I've struggled with my weight and activity levels throughout the year. What symptoms do you experience? Right now mine are hair-thinning/loss, hirsutism, and trouble losing weight.

And weirdly enough, my periods were irregular when I was younger too, but have been consistent/on time ever since I got off of the pill.. But still have the symptoms. I used to track what I ate and count calories when I was nearing 300lbs (was 277lbs at my highest). I'm currently 183. Trying to be proactive about this now by seeing doctors & getting testing and bloodwork done. This syndrome is a life ruiner.

Hey, I also have PCOS since a teen, there is 4 types of pcos tho. I wrote an article on it on medium if ure interested in reading it. My symptoms are hirsutism mainly, im quite slim so i dont have weight problems. ive been put on meds co cypriodol fr 6 months, but its not a cure. once ure off it symptoms come back. Anyway PM me if u wanna talk and all :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I also have PCOS since a teen, there is 4 types of pcos tho. I wrote an article on it on medium if ure interested in reading it. My symptoms are hirsutism mainly, im quite slim so i dont have weight problems. ive been put on meds co cypriodol fr 6 months, but its not a cure. once ure off it symptoms come back. Anyway PM me if u wanna talk and all :smile:

I know, which is what makes PCOS so annoying to deal with and try to cure. I dealt with and still deal with hirsutism also, but I've drastically decreased it and it's starting to reverse on its on. I'd be interested in reading your article too.
Reply 22
So this is an update... The picture on the left is the worse my hair has ever been (that was almost a year ago). The picture on the right was taken a few days ago. When I got off birth control (which was pumping my body with fake hormones & "stabilizing" my PCOS symptoms) I started shedding pretty bad. I was also extremely stressed for a long time and didn't fully commit myself to exercise as I should have. Now, I am eating healthy, exercising and managing my stress better, while doing hair treatments with essential/various oils.

Quick Reply

Latest