Will 2 DT Subjects for GCSE be hard work Watch

hxhu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am currently in year 9 and am picking my GCSE Options soon.
I really want to do Graphics and Ressistant Materials, both DT subjects. Will this be more extra work (because most of the work is pratical) and will there be more work than most other subjects?
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not really, as the majority of work has to be done in class.

I warn you, however, that the two courses will be basically identical aside from the medium you work in. I had a friend in my Food Technology class who also did RM and he said the coursework was very tedious because it was the same things.
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't advise it . Doing 2 dt options that are quite similar to each other .... Its mostly the same Knowledge and skills . You won't get alot of variety of knowledge / skills . If your interested in the creative route maybe try art
.you will gain more skills and it's quite different to dt . ( So it won't be boring ! ) I did both dt (product design ) and art together and I loved it . transferable skills and you get a wider range of knowledge . Not to mention you won't get board.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads