going on a school trip with a new school Watch

neonprincess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
New to a sixth form and a trip has been put forward for my subjects. It would be good for me to go and the trip sounds amazing but I don't have a solid group or person who is going. The people I'm probably closest to are not going on the trip but the people who are going are friendly enough but they have all got there pairs-which makes it awkward for me. The trip is not for a while but we have to pay the deposit so i need to decide like NOW. The other issue is I get homesick, bad. My last school trip even though I had my best friend, I was still pretty bad and I would not have this same level of support on this trip.

I feel I should go but I have serious doubts as well.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends what the trips for tbh. If it’s just to a fkn museum or something then forget it but if it’s in a different country then I’d probably go. There’ll be others with no pairs so you’ll find someone. I remember in sixth form, there was a trip to New York and I really wanted to go, even though I didn’t know anyone else- paid the deposit and the trip got cancelled 😂
neonprincess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by OR321)
Depends what the trips for tbh. If it’s just to a fkn museum or something then forget it but if it’s in a different country then I’d probably go. There’ll be others with no pairs so you’ll find someone. I remember in sixth form, there was a trip to New York and I really wanted to go, even though I didn’t know anyone else- paid the deposit and the trip got cancelled 😂
OMG so weird, this trip is to New York. Should I go then??
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by neonprincess)
OMG so weird, this trip is to New York. Should I go then??
Eyyy. Definitely. People travel all the time by themselves and you may actually becoming friends with others on the trip, who knows
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads