Central Saint Martins Fashion Journalism Portfolio Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm currently in Year 13 and am applying for Fashion Journalism at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion. Does anyone have any portfolio advice? I'm in a bit of a rut, I don't quite know what's expected.
Also do any applicants want to start a groupchat so we can discuss portfolio and keep others updated?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently in Year 13 and am applying for Fashion Journalism at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion. Does anyone have any portfolio advice? I'm in a bit of a rut, I don't quite know what's expected.
Also do any applicants want to start a groupchat so we can discuss portfolio and keep others updated?
Hello!

I've graduated from the fashion journalism pathway at Central Saint Martins

All I would say is make sure it's original, with first-hand research and a critical point of view. If the story already exists, you really need to put your own spin on it, otherwise its old news.

Make sure you don't sound like a blogger or an influencer because that's not journalism, nor what a real journalist does.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
    All 6 Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Art, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, and Wimbledon College of Arts Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Design & Technology Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads