Want more information about this university?

Central Saint Martins Fashion Journalism Portfolio

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently in Year 13 and am applying for Fashion Journalism at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion. Does anyone have any portfolio advice? I'm in a bit of a rut, I don't quite know what's expected.
Also do any applicants want to start a groupchat so we can discuss portfolio and keep others updated?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently in Year 13 and am applying for Fashion Journalism at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion. Does anyone have any portfolio advice? I'm in a bit of a rut, I don't quite know what's expected.
Also do any applicants want to start a groupchat so we can discuss portfolio and keep others updated?
Hello!

I've graduated from the fashion journalism pathway at Central Saint Martins

All I would say is make sure it's original, with first-hand research and a critical point of view. If the story already exists, you really need to put your own spin on it, otherwise its old news.

Make sure you don't sound like a blogger or an influencer because that's not journalism, nor what a real journalist does.
username5002794
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im wanting to apply too
DaisyMoby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I applied for fashion journalism at LCF and fashion history and theory at CSM. I’d love to start a group chat because I know no one applying for anything like me!
mnibdek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Also applying for fashion journalism
Group chat sounds like a good idea if you do it
mnibdek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hello!

I've graduated from the fashion journalism pathway at Central Saint Martins

All I would say is make sure it's original, with first-hand research and a critical point of view. If the story already exists, you really need to put your own spin on it, otherwise its old news.

Make sure you don't sound like a blogger or an influencer because that's not journalism, nor what a real journalist does.
Hiya, did you enjoy the course and do you reckon it opens up doors for you?
Maddiettaylor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’m applying for fashion journalism aswell, got an offer from LCF and have an interview from CSM in a few weeks
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Reply with your IG usernames and I'll add you to the group chat. Mine is @hanayqb
Maddiettaylor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
@maddiettaylor
Reply with your IG usernames and I'll add you to the group chat. Mine is @hanayqb
earthtogabi
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
@earthtogabi
whydoidoalevels
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
@evaamayy
whydoidoalevels
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
evaamayy
heloise613
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
mine is @heloise_shadbolt
robinmarytaylor
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hello, a groupchat would be ideal!! i'm in the same situation applying for and have my interview for fashion journalism at central saint martins and a bit lost about my portfolio my insta is robinmarytaylor
Last edited by robinmarytaylor; 11 months ago
carolinag
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone , i’m also applying to fashion journalism at csm and a groupchat sounds great, can i join? my IG is @ narcotihc
Camaboi123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
i'd love to be added too! my ig is @unadored
Shmopz
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, thinking of applying to fashion journalism at CSM tho I haven't applied yet (I'm at the -idk what to do with my life- situation). My IG [email protected]_shafir please add me so we could all panic together...
Last edited by Shmopz; 10 months ago
zainameen
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey my insta is @z.ainameen, i also have an interview for csm fashion journalism, could someone add me to the chat please? thanks x
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Maddiettaylor)
@maddiettaylor
@burnsmillie
Tahiticarminia
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I’m doing the exact same as this!! Let’s be friends lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (72)
28.02%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (97)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.45%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed