Is it Possible to get an A* in A-level Chemistry If I got a B in AS? Watch

xSeifx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got my grade for AS a couple of month ago, it was B (I got 85, A was 87) Since i am taking CIE examination board I can't retake individual units so I either retake AS as a whole or keep going to A2 to try to get an A* do you think its possible not mathematically possible, but if I put in significantly more effort is it feasible to get an A*?

Thank you for your time.
MollyTav15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi
I got a B at the end of my first year (in chemistry), it wasn’t an official AS exam but it was designed to be like one. At the end of A2 I got an A* so yes it is possible just work super hard and you’ll be fine good luck!
xSeifx
Rep:
?
(Original post by MollyTav15)
it wasn’t an official AS exam but it was designed to be like one
What did you get for your official AS level exam then?
Dizgurl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh yeah 100% if you put the work in. I was getting B's/C's continuously throughout my first year, to the point where teachers were apprehensive of predicting me an A (they thought i'd scrape it if I were extremely lucky on the day), let alone an A* lol. But I ended up getting an A* in my final a level, because I put the work in- so if you keep at it, don't give up and try and understand what each topic is about, there is no reason for an A* to not be in your reach.
MollyTav15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xSeifx)
What did you get for your official AS level exam then?
For some reason our college didn’t sit official AS exams unless you were doing it only as far as AS level and not to A level, if that makes sense. Instead we sat ‘progression exams’ at the end of first year which covered everything we’ve learnt and determined whether we could continue the course. This is what I got a B in. Hope this helps.
xSeifx
Rep:
?
(Original post by MollyTav15)
For some reason our college didn’t sit official AS exams unless you were doing it only as far as AS level and not to A level, if that makes sense. Instead we sat ‘progression exams’ at the end of first year which covered everything we’ve learnt and determined whether we could continue the course. This is what I got a B in. Hope this helps.
Thank you it did help needed the motivation to be honest.
xSeifx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dizgurl)
Oh yeah 100% if you put the work in. I was getting B's/C's continuously throughout my first year, to the point where teachers were apprehensive of predicting me an A (they thought i'd scrape it if I were extremely lucky on the day), let alone an A* lol. But I ended up getting an A* in my final a level, because I put the work in- so if you keep at it, don't give up and try and understand what each topic is about, there is no reason for an A* to not be in your reach.
Absolutely good job on that A* and hopefully I will get that too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads