Cleisthenes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi. I got an offer from oxford in January for classical archeology and ancient history from balliol, but unfortunately I missed the offer by 3 marks in ancient history. I’ve got A*A*B in my A levels (with 10A*s at GCSE and an A in an AS level) and I’ve already started at kcl, but the missed oxford offer is still nagging at me. I’m thinking of reapplying, so I’m basically wondering a) whether I have any chance at regaining my place at oxford with these grades b) whether I can get places at other top unis like St. Andrews, Durham and UCL and c) whether Kings would accept me if I reapplied there, having already started.I’d really appreciate any advice anyone could give. I know it’s the definition of a first world problem, but it’s really annoying getting a place at Oxford and then missing the grades, especially by such a small margin.
emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cleisthenes)
Hi. I got an offer from oxford in January for classical archeology and ancient history from balliol, but unfortunately I missed the offer by 3 marks in ancient history. I’ve got A*A*B in my A levels (with 10A*s at GCSE and an A in an AS level) and I’ve already started at kcl, but the missed oxford offer is still nagging at me. I’m thinking of reapplying, so I’m basically wondering a) whether I have any chance at regaining my place at oxford with these grades b) whether I can get places at other top unis like St. Andrews, Durham and UCL and c) whether Kings would accept me if I reapplied there, having already started.I’d really appreciate any advice anyone could give. I know it’s the definition of a first world problem, but it’s really annoying getting a place at Oxford and then missing the grades, especially by such a small margin.
If Oxford rejected you there is no point reapplying with the same grades probably just best to stick where u are in all honesty, even though it was a narrow miss Oxford will pretty much always require an A in all subjects at least
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cleisthenes)
Could you get a remark in the hope it would go to an A? If you’re reapplying with the same grades and without a remark then I don’t see why they would accept you if they rejected you the first time.

You’d also have to give up your place at KCL in order to apply to Oxford again. If Oxford rejected you again then I assume you’d have to go through the usual application process for the other unis you’ve mentioned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads