crushed by college - my yr12 gyg

Watch
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hi guys, sorry i've not updated my gyg recently, been feeling really down so i haven't really had the energy to do a full post. will hopefully update you guys at the end of this week
casabonita
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
well that was a **** week

so i've not posted for a couple weeks now, and basically it's just been hard recently. my mental health hasn't been the greatest.

subject-wise, here's the run down:

maths & further maths:
started stats in further maths. liking it so far, and know some stuff already from stats gcse.

in normal maths we've been doing sequences and series, and it's quite calm at the moment which is nice. however, i missed two maths lessons this week, but more about that later...

computer science
really loving computer science at the minute. doing lots of boolean algebra, and a lot of new programming structures so it's quite fun.

economics
getting more interesting. can't keep up with all the graphs though!

extrasss
did the senior maths challenge yesterday! thought it was a lot harder than the intermediate challenges. didn't do any preparation which i regret to be honest! wrote down the answers i put down, and checked them with the solutions they released today. i think i got 69 points, so hopefully i'll get a silver.

i missed a maths lesson and a computer science lesson to do it, so i need to catch up on them at the weekend.

had a really bad week this week. it's the first time i've cried in college this week. eek! had a bit of a breakdown this week, and hoping stuff gets better over the weekend because it's hard to handle. i skipped last lesson today and got my mum to pick me up - feel guilty about it, but think i would've broke down if i'd stayed in. just felt very sick and shaky. don't know what to do!

so yea got a few lessons to catch up on this weekend. not to mention that next week is exam week! i've got 5 exams from mon-wed. apparently these ones are a lot more important than the previous ones we've done, so i'm expecting them to be quite difficult.

so yea, sorry if it's been of a sad/ranty post, just tryna process everything at the moment. thanks everyone who reads it.

tags:
Last edited by casabonita; 4 months ago
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hope you have a good weekend sending hugs! :hugs:
casabonita
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
hope you have a good weekend sending hugs! :hugs:
thank you so much hope you have a nice weekend too!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by casabonita)
thank you so much hope you have a nice weekend too!
casabonita
Rep:
?
preparing for exams

okay so this upcoming week is exam week! 3 exams on monday, one on tuesday, and one on wednesday. of course they have to give me the most on monday, that's so nice of them. not done any preparation yet, so it's going to be a busy weekend!

it's the first tests that haven't just been topic ones, so i'm gonna have to make notes on everything we've done so far! i feel behind already.

gonna try to split the to-do list into days...

saturday (today!):
  1. catch up on the two maths lessons i missed
  2. fm - notes on unit 1 and 2
  3. compsci - summary of topics 2.1 - 2.5
  4. economics - AD notes

sunday:
  1. any work i dont manage to complete today
  2. maths - draw a few graphs and recall the facts i need to remember
  3. fm - units 3 and 4
  4. compsci - 2.6 - 2.9, revise laws
  5. economics - AS notes

hope i can get everything done this weekend, i feel like if i fail these tests it will get me really down i think these decide our target grades for the year or something. i'll try to keep you guys updated!

tags:

Last edited by casabonita; 4 months ago
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Good luck with the exams!
Take care of yourself :hugs:
casabonita
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Good luck with the exams!
Take care of yourself :hugs:
thank you ur so sweet, and im going to try and prioritise my mental health from now on.
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ewww my exams are on the same three days as yours:console:
Good luck with getting stuff done (I’m very much sucking at getting anything done)
Look after yourself:hugs: take breaks!
casabonita
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
Ewww my exams are on the same three days as yours:console:
Good luck with getting stuff done (I’m very much sucking at getting anything done)
Look after yourself:hugs: take breaks!
how did ur exams go? i'm sucking at getting stuff done too, but im trying to find some motivation! and thank you
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by casabonita)
how did ur exams go? i'm sucking at getting stuff done too, but im trying to find some motivation! and thank you
They didn’t go as bad as I expected!
:hugs: hope you’re doing well
casabonita
Rep:
?
difficulty increasing...

hi guys! so over the last couple weeks, the workload has started to get way heavier (and harder)! i got through exam week, and honestly, not revising properly for those exams has actually motivated me to put more effort in from now on!

maths
A* - 93%, lost 4 marks on a question i misread. does anyone have any tips that'll help me stop making silly mistakes like that?
we've just finished sequences & series, and we're finally onto calculus. it seems easy atm because we did it in fsmq, but ik it'll get tougher in a few days.

further maths
A - 77%, i lost all my marks on matrices - lost about half my marks for a genuinely stupid mistake, but lost the other half because i was completely stuck! i need to revise for it next time, once i saw my mistakes it all seemed so easy!

computer science
A* - 98% in theory, quite confident with it.
B - 73% on practical i'm very behind with the tasks we're meant to be doing... i forget they exist unless they're set as homework! so on one of the questions for the practical exam, i didn't know the syntax for a certain aspect, so i messed it all up could've gone worse tho...

economics
A* - 94%, can't even remember what was on this test!

so yea the exams really motivated me to catch up and possibly get ahead with the computer science tasks i should be completing outside of lesson... and make sure i practice more further maths!

tags;;;
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
aaa well done on those amazing scores!!
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Wow, you're doing amazing! Great results! :woo:

With the silly mistakes in maths, I think you just need to check over your answers at the end. Also, with practice you should make less of those mistakes.
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
well done with those results! :woo:
for maths, maybe underline or highlight important parts of the q and make sure you understand it before actually answering the question
casabonita
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Wow, you're doing amazing! Great results! :woo:

With the silly mistakes in maths, I think you just need to check over your answers at the end. Also, with practice you should make less of those mistakes.
yea i definitely need to start practicing exam questions outside of lessons again
(Original post by nyxnko_)
well done with those results! :woo:
for maths, maybe underline or highlight important parts of the q and make sure you understand it before actually answering the question
thank you! that's a good idea, my mistakes come from misreading the question a lot
casabonita
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
ending the decade on a good note

sorry i've not posted in ages! how's everyone been?

i finished coll on the 19th and im loving the holidays. think we all really needed a break. also... who else watched the gavin and stacey xmas episode?

although i've been busy going out over the past through weeks, i've still felt quite productive! i've not done any revision, but i've done a lot of my xmas homework already, so i'm feeling quite proud of myself aha - i'd usually leave it all to the day before so glad i haven't though, because that definitely would've been impossible to finish in one day.

how's everyone's holidays going? hope you guys aren't overloaded with hmwk, and that you can actually enjoy this rest! happy holidays everyone and a happy new year! might do another post about goals for the next year soon...

tags...
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
happy new year!
dw too much about the revision atm it's good you're still keeping up with homework though :yes:
casabonita
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
first week back not so bad

not gonna lie, think they went pretty easy on us the first week back. barely got any homework so it was quite chill... is this what it feels like to finally be on top of your homework?

short summary as nothing has really happened this week...

maths
we're onto trig now, but it kinda feels like gcse content. think next week we're onto radians, but we've done that in further already so hopefullyyy we'll get through it quick. we've got a calculus test next week too, so might do some practice questions this weekend.

further maths
this week we wen't over maclaurin series and then we drew a lotta rational functions. not feeling too difficult at the moment, but i won't be saying that when we do our next test im sure

computer science
binary addition/subtraction/multiplication. love it cause it just feels like maths. codings been going well too, been going over text files and i think we might be doing binary files next?

economics
my least favourite subject. getting slightly more interesting but nahhh

extrasss
been trying out a few more sports this week. maybe this is the year i get fit? also gonna try to get all my hmwk out the way this weekend

tags:
nyxnko_
Fazzy_77
jemima0103
studyingpeach
mpaprika
gay*
Last edited by casabonita; 2 months ago
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Economics picks up after a while so push through it. Year 2 gets a lot more interesting in my opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.99%
Isolating with family (122)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.48%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.33%
Loneliness (172)
9.88%
Financial worries (69)
3.96%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.85%

Watched Threads