Would you be willing to live under a dictatorship/authortiarian government if? Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JamesManc)
There is absolutely no evidence that Russia or China improved after the establishment of communist rule. But the question is about dictatorship not communism.
Are you honestly contending the quality of life in 1917 Russia was the same as 1989? and 1948 China being the same as today? That is why i have not commented on communism and have only mentioned the countries, whether theyre communist or capitalist would seem rather immaterial to the point.
HiViz9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
...if your quality of life significantly improved, as well as other things like a strong economy etc.

I'm not saying I support anything, I'm just getting people's opinions. Democracy has its limits and these limits are evident with the Brexit problem.
I never expected the remain voters, who lost the referendum, to moan and cry and winge and NOT honour the referendum result. This is the root of the problem.
We already live in a dictatorship in the UK, it is worse because ours is subtle. Done by stealth, subterfuge, lies and Common Purpose. For example: Hate Speech Law is designed to shut down free speech. Political Correctness does the same. The Labour Party is totally opposed to free speech.
All examples of shutting down freedom of expression are against people on the political right-wing. The leftie liberals can say and do whatever they wish. The police are politicised and wok for the government. Today Scotland has just introduced a law stopping the smacking of children making it a Criminal Offence of assault. Parents can not raise their children without government interference and dictat.
The BBC, paid for by a Licence fee (tax) is the most corrupt, fascist, biased organisation in the UK.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HiViz9)
I never expected the remain voters, who lost the referendum, to moan and cry and winge and NOT honour the referendum result. This is the root of the problem.
Please say you're aware of the irony here?
We already live in a dictatorship in the UK, it is worse because ours is subtle. Done by stealth, subterfuge, lies and Common Purpose. For example: Hate Speech Law is designed to shut down free speech. Political Correctness does the same. The Labour Party is totally opposed to free speech.
I imagine people who actually live in a dictatorship would have one or two things to say about that. Especially seeing as if they say something out of turn they can expect to be knee capped (or worse) whilst you will simply receive a mild scolding.

The BBC, paid for by a Licence fee (tax) is the most corrupt, fascist, biased organisation in the UK.
I feel i would need a flow chart to expand on why this is wrong... Not least of all you cant wine about those evil lefties/liberals and then promptly call the BBC a fascist organisation :lol:
HiViz9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Please say you're aware of the irony here?

I imagine people who actually live in a dictatorship would have one or two things to say about that. Especially seeing as if they say something out of turn they can expect to be knee capped (or worse) whilst you will simply receive a mild scolding.

I feel i would need a flow chart to expand on why this is wrong... Not least of all you cant wine about those evil lefties/liberals and then promptly call the BBC a fascist organisation :lol:
Perhaps you can provide a "flow chart" for the claims you assert. It is irrelevant how other countries exist. I have met many Russians who are delighted with Putin and their country. No matter what anyone asserts you cam always cite another country and say: "yes but I imagine in Ceylon they .............."?
My opinions are based on experience and what my eyes and ears see end hear. Are you saying the BBC is fair? Unbiased? and bu virtue it has a compulsory licence fee using tyrannical means of enforcement and yet speaks for the government and country that this is not fascist. I am not saying the Nazis are coming. I m not saying Russia and China and North Korea are lovely holiday venues... that has nothing to do with my whole premise in my response.
There is empirical evidence, beyond doubt, of innocent people taken away and put in prison, in the UK. There are a number of videos on youtube, one on particular, of an elderly disabled woman who awaked to a police dawn raid and dragged out of her flat, in London and taken away.... all because she expressed a dislike to Muslims praying in Hyde Park. This is an indisputable fact.
We have the EU referendum hijacked by remoaners who show contempt for democracy and the BBC - SKY - LBC totally in favout of this. We have the Labour Party shutting down an organised venue for thousands of people, lawful, because they do not like what is being said. We have our Police - despite the shortage of officers and their failure to respond to real crime - policing the internet and calling to peoples homes threatening them with arrest for words they used on the internet. Yes, on this regard North Korea is worth a mention. I worked for the government and my superior told me not to say "BLACK Coffee". Because he had attended a one week course on PC and Common Purpose.. this gave this person the power (not the right) the power to officially warn me not to say "BLACK Coffee".. I was told to say "Coffee, no milk". I told this person to get stuffed. I straightened him out on the use of language. But he had the power to stitch me up on my annual report or promotion recommendations, because of this fascist policy.
My friend's granddaughter, aged 14, was told at her school - "ALL children will have to give their THUMBPRINT for iD" she was the only person in that school to refuse, the rest were like Sheep. I would be so proud of her. I have met her and she is one very intelligent, mature, capable person.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Perhaps you can provide a "flow chart" for the claims you assert. It is irrelevant how other countries exist. I have met many Russians who are delighted with Putin and their country. No matter what anyone asserts you cam always cite another country and say: "yes but I imagine in Ceylon they .............."?
Not entirely sure what your point is here?
My opinions are based on experience and what my eyes and ears see end hear. Are you saying the BBC is fair? Unbiased? and bu virtue it has a compulsory licence fee using tyrannical means of enforcement and yet speaks for the government and country that this is not fascist. I am not saying the Nazis are coming. I m not saying Russia and China and North Korea are lovely holiday venues... that has nothing to do with my whole premise in my response.
I'd prefer proof...
Nope but compared to the other forms of media it most certainly is. Pretty sure the license fee was done through parliament, if you have an issue with it raise it with them. Again though there is nothing 'fascistic' about that, not even close.
Still not sure what Russia, China or DPRK have to do with this, especially as the latter two are communist?! With that being said the former two have their merits as a holiday destination.
There is empirical evidence, beyond doubt, of innocent people taken away and put in prison, in the UK. There are a number of videos on youtube, one on particular, of an elderly disabled woman who awaked to a police dawn raid and dragged out of her flat, in London and taken away.... all because she expressed a dislike to Muslims praying in Hyde Park. This is an indisputable fact.
Uhuh and would you kindly show what this 'dislike' entailed as im imagining it was somewhat more strongly worded than actually expressing just a dislike... the law is quite clear on the matter, although feel free to provide a link to the actual case in question, as i still imagine there is significantly more to it than htis paragraph would suggest.
We have the EU referendum hijacked by remoaners who show contempt for democracy and the BBC - SKY - LBC totally in favout of this. We have the Labour Party shutting down an organised venue for thousands of people, lawful, because they do not like what is being said. We have our Police - despite the shortage of officers and their failure to respond to real crime - policing the internet and calling to peoples homes threatening them with arrest for words they used on the internet. Yes, on this regard North Korea is worth a mention. I worked for the government and my superior told me not to say "BLACK Coffee". Because he had attended a one week course on PC and Common Purpose.. this gave this person the power (not the right) the power to officially warn me not to say "BLACK Coffee".. I was told to say "Coffee, no milk". I told this person to get stuffed. I straightened him out on the use of language. But he had the power to stitch me up on my annual report or promotion recommendations, because of this fascist policy.
Again, irony abounds as you yourself are moaning here...:lol: Nevermind the baldness of your claim to show contempt for democracy when you yourself, by definition, are doing just that.
Yeah with all due respect but im going to call bull**** on both of those claims. Whilst government might be overly PC i have yet to hear of such an absurd claim.
My friend's granddaughter, aged 14, was told at her school - "ALL children will have to give their THUMBPRINT for iD" she was the only person in that school to refuse, the rest were like Sheep. I would be so proud of her. I have met her and she is one very intelligent, mature, capable person.
Also cant say ive ever heard of a secondary school demanding biographic information?! But again, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong on this count.
HiViz9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Not entirely sure what your point is here?

I'd prefer proof...
Nope but compared to the other forms of media it most certainly is. Pretty sure the license fee was done through parliament, if you have an issue with it raise it with them. Again though there is nothing 'fascistic' about that, not even close.
Still not sure what Russia, China or DPRK have to do with this, especially as the latter two are communist?! With that being said the former two have their merits as a holiday destination.

Uhuh and would you kindly show what this 'dislike' entailed as im imagining it was somewhat more strongly worded than actually expressing just a dislike... the law is quite clear on the matter, although feel free to provide a link to the actual case in question, as i still imagine there is significantly more to it than htis paragraph would suggest.

Again, irony abounds as you yourself are moaning here...:lol: Nevermind the baldness of your claim to show contempt for democracy when you yourself, by definition, are doing just that.
Yeah with all due respect but im going to call bull**** on both of those claims. Whilst government might be overly PC i have yet to hear of such an absurd claim.

Also cant say ive ever heard of a secondary school demanding biographic information?! But again, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong on this count.
I am satisfied my views are published on this forum. You are free to do your own research. You imply I am a liar. I dont like that. I presume, because of respect, that you are truthful hence I answer your comments. If your default position is total lack of respect with your default position - "I lie" - then OK. My comments are stated. Good luck with your research.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
I value personal freedom, socially liberal democracy and have no desire to experience authoritarian government.
That is why I stay away from belarus, china, north korea, the philippines, russia and all religious states.
Democratic countries with a touch of authoritarianism too- like australia, france and thailand.
Does this mean that you accept the vote of the majority ( who expressed their opinion on the day) and wish to leave the European Union?
sbaboenerd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You know, mainly because of the childish remarks and examples, and the fact that not just you but every far-right propagator thinks the BBC is biased just because they are, I cannot take you seriously.

I mean, you say people support Putin. That's because they've been brainwashed to do that for a very long time, or because they are afraid. Every neutral/left view is biased to people like you. Millions die because they are labelled terrorists just because of their religion/nationality because of people like you.

Its almost like speaking out in defense of a victim is wrong but speaking out in defense of a criminal is 'free speech' when a criminal has been proven guilty of murder. No matter how much you try to justify that what s/he did is right - which of course you have the rights to do - what s/he did CANNOT be justified.
sbaboenerd
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am satisfied my views are published on this forum. You are free to do your own research. You imply I am a liar. I dont like that. I presume, because of respect, that you are truthful hence I answer your comments. If your default position is total lack of respect with your default position - "I lie" - then OK. My comments are stated. Good luck with your research.
Look i see the same trends again. When you do research you tend to find information that fits your worldview. Or you tend to see things around you in everyday life that fit your world view. And i've been seeing this trend a lot recently with people intimidating or shutting down someone who makes sense by saying smthn like 'good luck with your research' like they are the misinformed person when it's the other way round.
HiViz9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sbaboenerd)
You know, mainly because of the childish remarks and examples, and the fact that not just you but every far-right propagator thinks the BBC is biased just because they are, I cannot take you seriously.

I mean, you say people support Putin. That's because they've been brainwashed to do that for a very long time, or because they are afraid. Every neutral/left view is biased to people like you. Millions die because they are labelled terrorists just because of their religion/nationality because of people like you.

Its almost like speaking out in defense of a victim is wrong but speaking out in defense of a criminal is 'free speech' when a criminal has been proven guilty of murder. No matter how much you try to justify that what s/he did is right - which of course you have the rights to do - what s/he did CANNOT be justified.
And.......... whats YOUR view on it? Do you have one. I expect 100% for you to deride my comments but at least I have a settled opinion.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Does this mean that you accept the vote of the majority ( who expressed their opinion on the day) and wish to leave the European Union?
Yes.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
Excellent, then we are in agreement.
HiViz9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sbaboenerd)
Look i see the same trends again. When you do research you tend to find information that fits your worldview. Or you tend to see things around you in everyday life that fit your world view. And i've been seeing this trend a lot recently with people intimidating or shutting down someone who makes sense by saying smthn like 'good luck with your research' like they are the misinformed person when it's the other way round.
Then prove me wrong. Go for it.
sbaboenerd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And.......... whats YOUR view on it? Do you have one. I expect 100% for you to deride my comments but at least I have a settled opinion.
Firstly, I'm sorry for calling you childish and if that hurt your ego. I tend to do that. And come on I wasn't trying to be derisive i just said what i felt. and honestly what i was pointing out was a fact. The rise of the right wing is just humans backsliding into an age of authoritarianism, when the establishment of democracies have clearly led to us having so many benefits.

Sometimes having a settled opinion can be more detrimental than beneficial. Even believers in alternative medicine have 'settled opinions'. I do have my opinions but obviously i'm open to changing them, and would rather not stick to something just for the sake of my ego, when it is clearly wrong. you say you have the right to free speech, and yes you do. But at least according to me that right is something developed countries have fought for for many decades. A woman not liking muslims praying is entirely her wish and she did not deserve the treatment she got, but what would it have taken for her to simply respect another religion? Not much. If we condone disrespect under the pretense of freedom, isn't that in itself one group of people trying to take away the freedom of an other group or pushing their superiority complex on others?

Now take a look at this chart and tell me if being right winged is better for HUMANS in any way? for the economy yes, but isn't humanity more important? And not so surprisingly a country with a happy population obviously thrives.

https://infobeautiful4.s3.amazonaws....ight_World.png

And using ur thumb id... what even? That's barely relevant. I know you're trying to make a point about how its better to be an outlier and stick to your standards, but that point is only valid if you were standing up for the right thing. I would be proud of a 14 year old if she stood up against discrimination, or teachers being verbally abusive toward students. I mean i myself have done that and stood up for issues against people with power and got into trouble for it - but honestly, a thumbprint? I'd say she was bored and wanted something to do, rather than it being bravery.
Last edited by sbaboenerd; 1 week ago
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
A benevolent dictatorship is better than a democracy, yes.

But it's not something achievable
especially in this day and age, with the current problems
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think the general consensus is though that people in say Belarus and Russia are happy with authoritarianism and flawed democracy because they've never experienced any true form of democracy. That's something that many western scholars have overlooked when looking at what the revolution in Russia achieved.

Of course, most people in Britain are happy with democracy (like myself, although I don't mind some authoritarianism), and this is clear. When Boris johnson prorogued parliament, people were calling him a dictator left right and centre (literally)
Well... he is wide enough to fill all 3 niches.
josh75
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
...if your quality of life significantly improved, as well as other things like a strong economy etc.

I'm not saying I support anything, I'm just getting people's opinions. Democracy has its limits and these limits are evident with the Brexit problem.
I'm glad someone came out and said it, your remoaners don't actually believe in democracy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.38%
No (213)
76.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed